+ Reply to Thread

Thread: browser shmowser

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

browser shmowser

Ok... This may seem like a stupid question. But....

Even with my browser window maximized, it still cuts off the edge of the websites. Like if Im viewing a profile... it will cut off on the right hand side.
    Does any know what I should do... Can I do anything?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: browser shmowser

Would help if you tell us what browser you're using, what Operating system you're using ect ect.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Would help if you tell us what browser you're using, what Operating system you're using ect ect.
    Im totaly computer illiterate. So I'll tell you what I know.

Im using internet explorer (some old explorer). On windows 98 >_<. AOL dial up?
    Yeah, and I have no clue if that was the info you're looking for. *sigh
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jul 23, 2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: I said cumpeter..lol
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Im totaly computer illiterate. So I'll tell you what I know.

Im using internet explorer (some old explorer). On windows 98 >_<. AOL dial up?
    Yeah, and I have no clue if that was the info you're looking for. *sigh
    Chances are, it isn't your OS or software, it is your monitor resolution. I bet you are running something outdated like 800 x 600, or 1024 x 768. Most websites, even php boards that resize tend to have a minimum resolution limit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Chances are, it isn't your OS or software, it is your monitor resolution. I bet you are running something outdated like 800 x 600, or 1024 x 768. Most websites, even php boards that resize tend to have a minimum resolution limit.
    1024 x 768. Yep. S'pose that means theres nothing I can do.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

my computer runs at 1024x768 and it is a XP, I have no problems with my browsers, IE FireFox, Opera, and Safari, I suggenst zooming out there is a zoom option on all browsers find it and zoom out that easy.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    1024 x 768. Yep. S'pose that means theres nothing I can do.
    That depends....

Your resolution is limited by either your monitor hardware or you graphics card/onboard graphics chip (or both). You can check if to see if your graphics hardware can output a higher resolution by "right-clicking" the desktop, go to properties/settings/advanced. Under monitor, there should be a tab that says "hide modes that this monitor can not display". Make sure that is un-checked. Now go back to the settings tab and see if you can adjust the resolution slider to the right. You may find out that your graphics hardware can perform better than the factory standard. If you can not move the slider, your graphics card/chip is already maxed out.

If you can move the slider, but the screen either distorts or becomes larger than the view of the physical window, then your monitor hardware can not handle the graphics card output. This may be the case with CRT monitors and old LCD displays.

When you said Windows 98 and AOL Dial up, that was a sure give away that one or both of your hardware pieces is out of date. My parents have the same stats on their computer, and it annoys the hell out of me when I am visiting them that you need to scroll to the right to see the whole web page on their CRT monitor.

Bottom line is that you might have to replace the graphics card and/or the monitor. I would suggest just saving up for a whole new system. You can get a low end computer (enough for web browsing) for under $500 these days--some as low as $350 after rebates.

+ Reply to Thread