+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cd and Cd drive explosion?

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Cd and Cd drive explosion?

I was playing starcraft on the comp and i was about to take the cd out after i finished with it but then i heard a small explosion sound and out comes the cd drive with my cd in peices. my cd drives doesn't work anymore. anyone have an idea what might have happend?

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cd and Cd drive explosion?

iv heard about this on a show cant remember it but i think it has to do with the rpms that the cd is at "note i have no idea if this true"
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

There has been many reported cases of high speed CD readers (48X or faster) spinning the disk fast enough that a minor flaw in the CD disk will explosively fail with a bang, reducing the CD, and the fragile laser read head into scrap... It sounds like your a victim of this... Time to go shopping for a replacement reader...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Adding on to what Len said, Starcraft is an old game, and because of that, the age of the disc might have been a factor.

Why don't you go out and get a fancy-shamanzy DvD burner drive. I got mine for 30 bucks (Sony 16x Dual Layer) from a local computer shop, so shop around for deals... oh, and pick up a new copy of Starcraft while you're at it lol

Course, the drive won't explode like this... YouTube - Exploding CD-ROM

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    I was playing starcraft on the comp and i was about to take the cd out after i finished with it but then i heard a small explosion sound and out comes the cd drive with my cd in peices. my cd drives doesn't work anymore. anyone have an idea what might have happend?
    54-58x and up will explode, and your cd was probably old, and your drive was probably on the end of its life.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

so i was right in a way about the the cd at high speeds exploding, man kno there trying to kill ower computers buy selling us death cds that explode.
    Last edited by koga23; Jan 30, 2007 at 02:05 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

yea my cd disk drive was a 50x so maybe thats why. also i amke new copies f the cd everyday{before it was exploded} so now i cant put cds into my cd drive cuz somethign exploded in it

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    Adding on to what Len said, Starcraft is an old game, and because of that, the age of the disc might have been a factor.
    I thought video games were pressed media? I still play ps1 games and they work like magic.

Were you talking about scratches?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jan 30, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast