+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cd and Cd drive explosion?

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cd and Cd drive explosion?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

There has been many reported cases of high speed CD readers (48X or faster) spinning the disk fast enough that a minor flaw in the CD disk will explosively fail with a bang, reducing the CD, and the fragile laser read head into scrap... It sounds like your a victim of this... Time to go shopping for a replacement reader...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I thought video games were pressed media? I still play ps1 games and they work like magic.

Were you talking about scratches?
    no my cd exploded in the cd drive and thier blaming it on my cd or driver. i need a new driver cuz 1) its busted from the explosion and 2) 50x might explode all my cds

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought video games were pressed media? I still play ps1 games and they work like magic.

Were you talking about scratches?
    Regardless of it being pressed media, it still experiences wear and tear from use. you use anything long enough, it will eventually wear out.

Also, any kind of imperfections, stemming from a manufacturing flaw, or wear and tear/abuse, can lead to a disc flying apart at high speeds, because it brings about an imbalance while spinning.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Regardless of it being pressed media, it still experiences wear and tear from use. you use anything long enough, it will eventually wear out.

Also, any kind of imperfections, stemming from a manufacturing flaw, or wear and tear/abuse, can lead to a disc flying apart at high speeds, because it brings about an imbalance while spinning.
    but can taht really make a smal explosion in my cd drive???

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    but can taht really make a smal explosion in my cd drive???
    When a CD Rom is spinning in a 52x drive, it is spinning at 10,350 RPM. Thats Damn fast. To give you an idea, My cars engine red-lines at 7000 rpm. If it wasn't for the CD-drives casing, pieces of CD would have flown out and injured you.

That explosion you heard was something that was spinning VERY fast, coming to a complete and abrupt halt.

Take this video for example: YouTube - Exploding cd in cd/dvd drive.

Thanks

hmmm yea the same thing happned except i didnt take my cd drive a part. im not experineced and i barly passed that course lol

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

Can you make a backup of a game to prevent this?

Thanks

Can you make a backup of a game to prevent this?
    yea i amde a backup game but now the problem is that the cd driver doesnt work anymore so unless there was a way to dupicate cd drives then i woudl be well on my way

Thanks

Making a back up is one thing, duplicating the security protection is another thing, and unfortunately, I can't explain how to do that here, since that would delve into how to pirate software...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast