+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cd and Cd drive explosion?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cd and Cd drive explosion?

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    hmmm yea the same thing happned except i didnt take my cd drive a part. im not experineced and i barly passed that course lol
    When I said that your drive was probably broken, I determined because simply by spinning the cd it will not explode. It will have to have a high impact again something which meant you cd probably was spinning unstablely (sp?)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    iv heard about this on a show cant remember it but i think it has to do with the rpms that the cd is at "note i have no idea if this true"
    well to answer your question, this was tested in Mythbusters on discovery channell. they found out that the quality and the state that the cd is in can affect wether or not it can explode. since i have been over to your house matt, and i saw how fast it was (50x) i believe that the cd has a flaw in it, because the mythbusters tested at that speed and nothing happened. and maybe the cd got way to hot, which could easily weaken the cd.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    I was playing starcraft on the comp and i was about to take the cd out after i finished with it but then i heard a small explosion sound and out comes the cd drive with my cd in peices. my cd drives doesn't work anymore. anyone have an idea what might have happend?
    I think you need to clean it. If that doesn't help replace it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3