+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Computer being Stupid

Newbie Zixx may be famous one day Zixx may be famous one day Zixx's Avatar
    Thanks

Computer being Stupid

OK so i have this problem by my computer restarting by itself from time to time, well i didnt worry about that. Now it wont even go into windows. It just gets stuck on the screen were it suppose to say ur hard drives and CD/DVD Roms and the ammount of ram. But instead of that it says "Main Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1100MHz
    <CPUID:06A0>"

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    Giggity

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Computer being Stupid

Sounds like a virus. Can you run your AV?

Thanks

lol i cant even go into windows. but i have ran my anti virus programs lke 1 day ago and it didnt find anything.
    Giggity

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Press F8 during start up this will take you into safe mode...if you can't get into safe mode re-format your pc (this isn't hard).

Newbie Alfina-kun may be famous one day Alfina-kun may be famous one day
    Thanks

What version of Windows are u running? If u are using pre XP use connect a slave harddrive inside the computer then use a dos startup disk to enter dos so u can copy your important files to the slave harddrive, make sure u format the slave harddrive first!!! after you copy that stuff over format the Master Harddrive. When you reload windows just drag everything off of the second harddrive and put it on the first. I reccomend that u use windows 98 in the future if you aren't already. Since it is old, yet still useable. There aren't many viruses out there for that operating system anymore. Just a thought though, give it a shot and tell me how it goes.

Thanks

ok umm well i turned off my computer for a night, and the next day i turned it on and it works and i already have my files backed up on the slave. My slave has 250GB and my main has 86GB. Thanks for suggestions
    Giggity

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Computer being Stupid

You need to get yours fixed or get a new one. Computers can be so slow it's just pathetic!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Id still look into what caused this. Maybe Len can help?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast