+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Computer Busted

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Computer Busted

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Not sure where you saw 2-8 gig memory stick--that is not what that is. It is an adapter that allows you to plug in an internal hard drive to a computer without making any internal connections. It runs off USB 2.0.

I thought I was being very explicit in my previous instructions. You take the hard drive out of the broken computer (hence not needing it's screen), plug the hard drive into one end of this adapter (it accepts all major hard drive connections), then plug the other end into the USB port of your new laptop.
    know1 is completely correct, this is the cheapest and easiest method to do it. Other options would be to change the screen (not hard but you do need to know a bit about how to do it) and you can find them on ebay realtively cheap. (I can say this since I have done it before).

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I also have the problem that it wont turn on anymore. Not even when I plug it into the wall.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds a like u need to take it to a repair place have them take out the hard drive and they will put it in a juck computer and take the files off of it and put it on a memory stick for you it should cost 15 dollars or less

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    know1 is completely correct, this is the cheapest and easiest method to do it. Other options would be to change the screen (not hard but you do need to know a bit about how to do it) and you can find them on ebay realtively cheap. (I can say this since I have done it before).
    Thanks for the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Well I also have the problem that it wont turn on anymore. Not even when I plug it into the wall.
    You don't need the computer to turn on. Just physically take the drive out of the old computer and use this adapter to plug it into your new computer. It will act like a external hard drive (because that is what it is at that point).

This is assuming that the hard drive itself is not the issue. Although somewhat rare for personal computers, hard drives can mechanically fail. If that is the case, then the only option would be a very costly data recovery service, most likely more expensive than both of your computers combined. Unless that was a work computer or very sentimental, it is not worth it.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only done this once or twice, and I wouldn't recommend it for everyday fixes. But, you can pull out your hard drive and connect it to your PC as a secondary hard drive and transfer your files on to a jump drive. Which will allow you to pull files from your jump drive to your new laptop. It's not 100% effective though, because different PCs vary as they're all built differently to a certain degree.

(It looks like someone already said that, LOL. Man, I'm late. ^_^)
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Jul 27, 2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: OOPS!!!!

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Computer Busted

An external harddrive would make all the difference ^__^.
    just get all your stuff on them (depends on how much stuff you have on the laptop.) and that should work, it's much better than a disc

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see that nobody really appreciated the USB solution. He wasn't takling about a USB stick! Read it again properly. The product will allow to connect the old disk to the new computer. You may need to buy a ribbon cable for notebook drives too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2