+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer Issues

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Computer Issues

Okay so my computer won't read any CD's. Music or otherwise for what a couple months now. Me and my dad originally thought that it was originated from my iTunes because one of the software downloads didn't install properly and iTunes couldn't read any discs...or my computer wouldn't. So today I decided to uninstall it and try reinstalling it. I put the disc in the two cd drives I have in my computer and nothing happens. So I uninstalled whatever iPod update I had and nothing happens. What I want to know is what is causing the problem. Is it the processor malfunctioning or does the laser need to be clean? I'm not a pro when it comes to computers...>_<

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Computer Issues

It seems to be that you have a dead drive. Software like itunes wont damage your drive. If the laser needed to ble cleaned then you could read some disks and some not, but if you simply cannot read anything then its gone...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    It seems to be that you have a dead drive. Software like itunes wont damage your drive. If the laser needed to ble cleaned then you could read some disks and some not, but if you simply cannot read anything then its gone...
    99.999% sure this is the correct answer, just for kicks and giggles...have you installed any hardware devices lately? Also is there anything else not working say you sound card?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And if you haven't done so already, open up the case and see if all the cables connecting the CD drives to the motherboard are firmly seated. I've seen cases where just thermal cycles can work a cable loose...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

have you tried troubleshoot to actually find the problem if that worked and it does identify the problem you can probably fix it yourself or get a firend who does know this to fix it for you

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    99.999% sure this is the correct answer, just for kicks and giggles...have you installed any hardware devices lately? Also is there anything else not working say you sound card?
    No I hadn't installed any hardware devices lately. And my sound care works just fine. And this has been going on since August. I think maybe somehow the cd drives were written over and are corrupted. But that's just an assumption.

+ Reply to Thread