Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Computer parts

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Re: Computer parts

Well do you have any hard ware stores around where you live?

And why not go and get a memory chip, ( I am always running out of it on my computer)
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

when buying multiable sticks of ram, make sure you match all the sticks and make sure they are the same memory speed and manufacturer. Because if you get two sticks that are of different speeds, the faster stick will run at the slower speed, and if you don't get the same manufacturer, you can't take advantage of the dual-channel feature of your mother board.

and since your buying a new computer and building it from scratch, when it comes to video cards, buy a mo-bo that has SLI capabilities, and buy two of the same video cards, that way you get the best gaming experience possible.

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

We have a ghetto radio shack, that has nothing but airplanes because that's pretty much all the owner likes.

But yeah I'll take all this into consideration, I'm probably going to get 2+ gigs of ram, and a decent processor, if i don't do that, im just going to buy a laptop probably.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Hmmm... sounds like what I have! lol! Any who! Yeah I would just probly get the lap top! just cuz i am like that! But hey you can send me 1500 dallers at any time! LOL
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Alright hmmm.
    Well with that much money you can really get some high end gear.
    First of all pick out a CPU. Now dual cores are becoming very popular. Intel's Core 2 Duo Extreme has come down in price a good deal since its first release. AMD also has a nice dual core that I have been using in my computer class and it has showed no problems so far.
    If you are looking into a gaming rig I would say go with Intel.

For the motherboard it depends on a few things.
    1. What kind of expansion slots do you need?
    2. What socket would you require for the CPU you chose?
    3. etc.

I would suggest pick out your CPU and vid card before even looking at the motherboards . By the way...although most people would not reccomend this but for a non gaming PC integrated video will work just fine. If not then a nice graphics card is a plus. Someone else would have to help you with that.

As for RAM....I prefer cheap RAM just since I am cheap. 1 gig of it at a minimum. With technology increasing like it is 2 gigs would be nice, but if it is out of budget then do not worry about it.

As for the hard drive.....get a name brand. Put the extra money and get a Western Digital or a Seagate. The more space the merrier...not much else to say there unless you were looking for a SATA or SATA 2.

Powersupply...hmmm make sure it has the right connections and get a 600+ watt. Rosewill is a good brand from what I hear. Do not go cheap on a PSU by no means.

I guess that is about it....hope that helped a little XD
    As an added type of hard drive to look into, you could also try to get a barracuda, they are pretty good, I have one actually and has been through hell and back and is up and running at this very min. hum, also It depends on what you want the main purpose of the computer to be as to what parts you want to get, will it be a gaming computer, designing computer, or just a computer for everyday use? these are some things to take into consideration. also after you decide what it will mainly be used for you must then take the max amount of ram that is needed for the highest application in that category and place that, (lots of planning) and then you can decide the other parts, I would suggest though to get either a 512 MB sick of DDR ram, or possibly 1 GB of ram. that way many of the applications can run on it, also you should think about what brand of processor you preffer, I.E. Intel, AMD, or Pentium, then you can worry about the little things. (I.E. what type of drive your going to have with it, will it be a DVD, or just a CD. Maybe you want to burn DVD's and CD's their for you need a DVD-CD burnable combo drive.)
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

if you've never built a computer from scratch before, here's a list of what you're going to need:
    • A computer case, make sure its big enough for everything you're going to put in it
    • A power supply, minimum 500 watt, but I would suggest not skimping on this and get a 1000 watt
    • A motherboard that will support what you need (the processor you want, the ram you plan on buying and the video card you're going to be using)
    • Ram, at least 2 gigs. If you use a 32 bit operating system, get 4 gigs, if you run a 64 bit OS, get at least 4 gigs.
    • Hard drives. Very important. Make sure you get enough space as well for what your going to be doing on your computer. Minimum 100 gigs for this day and age. Choose SATA over IDE drives, you get better performance and you can set multiable drives up in RAID as well (You will get better performance with particular types of raid configurations, like having two sata drives mirror each other, that way if one drive fails, the other one will have an exact copy of what you have stored, that and the computer will read the same file off both drives decreasing read time, there is also another raid config that takes two drives and makes them act as one larger drives. if you use two identical drives you do get increased performace, there's also another way to do this, if your mo bo supports it, you can take two sata drives that are not identical and set them up in JABOD (Just a big drive or just a bunch of drives), you don't get the same performance you would with identical paired drives.)
    • A processor that your Mo-Bo supports. Make sure its dual core. Don't go skimping on this one as well, and remember speed isn't everything, make sure you look into what size the L2 cache is and the speed of the front side bus, as those two things determine how well your proc performs
    • A video card. This day and age, its strongly recommended that you have a video card that is at least 128 mb, I would recommend 256. Shy away from the larger memory sizes like 512 and up, as their memory speeds don't quite match those of the 256 models. (My nVidia 256 GeForce 8500 out performs the 512mb version of the same card)
    • A DvD burner. Required now a days. Make sure its Dual Layer.
    • Extra case fans. All the new stuff that is coming out generates a great deal of heat, and heat is bad. makes computer go bye bye if it gets too much, so make sure you have plenty of ventilation, I myself have 4 case fans in my case.

Otaku Lenne may be famous one day Lenne may be famous one day Lenne's Avatar
    Thanks

1500 dollars can make you a decent computer! I made a good computer for about 1800 aside from the monitor...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2