+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dec 14th is Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Test Day!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Dec 14th is Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Test Day!

Today, between 7am and 5pm PST, you'll be able to download the Beta 2 build of Firefox 3.0 and test it with the rest of the Mozilla community.

I'll up date this thread after I've had a chance to test this out myself

Join the Firefox 3 Beta 2 Testday, Friday 14th December 2007 ! | QMO

EDIT

I've been using it for the last 20 minutes, and I have to say that the beta 2 build is a bit slow with page generation, but I do like the slightly more streamlined look (I'd have to install it on another OS to see what it looks like because supposidly, the GUI is supposed to be tailored to the OS its installed on), and I especially like the feature that allows you to save your tabs before you close Firefox (While in Firefox 2, you could only do that if the program crashes.). There's also a new smart bookmark function that has your top 5 most visited pages, the last group of bookmarked sites and recent tags (Don't know what that's for, probably won't even use it if it survives to the Alpha release).

When I first started up the program, it took a bit to load, most likely what it was doing was creating a new profile by copying the current one from your Firefox 2 install. After that, the program loads in seconds (Keep in mind that I have a 3ghz proc with 1.5 gigs of ram and my OS is installed on a SATA 2 drive).

On the URL line next to where the RSS symbol is if the site has a RSS feed, there's a star (Which is either full or hollow, depending on if the site you're viewing is bookmarked or not. Click that and it book marks the site for you, and if the site is bookmarked, you will open an edit dialog.

In the settings menu, nothing much as changed there, except the Application menu has gotten a revamp (Choosing which app to use to open files).

Fix the speed problems, and I'd be happy. Can't wait for the next release.
    Last edited by aceman67; Dec 14, 2007 at 04:23 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dec 14th is Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Test Day!

Takes long to load? Hell firefox 2 takes long enough too load, I think ill wait. Also doesnt seem to different from the version im using now.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of all the browsers on the market, Firefox is still one of the fastest. Keep in mind that this is a beta build, and not only that, A release candidate for a beta build, so there's going to be problems with the browser engine.

That and the program loads in literally Seconds when first starting up.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Out of all the browsers on the market, Firefox is still one of the fastest. Keep in mind that this is a beta build, and not only that, A release candidate for a beta build, so there's going to be problems with the browser engine.

That and the program loads in literally Seconds when first starting up.
    I love Firefox, but in terms of browser speed, it is in the middle of the pack when comparing most major browsers on multiple OS's. My only recent complaint that would make me consider changing browsers are the recent Ajax related errors that seem to have come from nowhere. It started when I noticed Google Street Views wasn't bringing up pictures--only the black framing box. It worked fine in IE, but not in Firefox. Could possibly be my work set up, but I haven't changed anything aside from Firefox updates.

+ Reply to Thread