+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dell Inspiron 530

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Dell Inspiron 530

Do any of you guys have a Dell Inspiron 530? Got a tech question for ya. When i turn on the power the fan comes on and then i hear a beep. Then everything boots up normal. In the online manual guide theres beep codes that tells of a problem.

1 repetitive beep= A bad bios checksum something. Mines just a single beep, not repetitive. I called Dell twice and they said it was normal. Which i think is right because everything boots up beautifully. I guess i'm just being paranoid.

Do you you guys get a beep?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dell Inspiron 530

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Do any of you guys have a Dell Inspiron 530? Got a tech question for ya. When i turn on the power the fan comes on and then i hear a beep. Then everything boots up normal. In the online manual guide theres beep codes that tells of a problem.

1 repetitive beep= A bad bios checksum something. Mines just a single beep, not repetitive. I called Dell twice and they said it was normal. Which i think is right because everything boots up beautifully. I guess i'm just being paranoid.

Do you you guys get a beep?
    Is the mobo also made by Dell, if not you should check the original manufacture's manual too. Maybe it's time to change that battery on your mother board.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Is the mobo also made by Dell, if not you should check the original manufacturer's manual too. Maybe it's time to change that battery on your mother board.
    Well the battery should be fine my PC is brand new.

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Allot of mobo's make a single beep when they boot up, sometimes its to indicate that the motherboard is working properly, other times its simply to indicate that the motherboard has now turned on.

My Gigabyte bord does this as well, has done so from the very beginning, nothing to worry about. Oh and those cmos battery's? Theyre designed to last at least 5-6 years so unless its affecting you're bootups or performance i'd say leave it allone.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remagine View Post
    Allot of mobo's make a single beep when they boot up, sometimes its to indicate that the motherboard is working properly, other times its simply to indicate that the motherboard has now turned on.

My Gigabyte bord does this as well, has done so from the very beginning, nothing to worry about. Oh and those cmos battery's? Theyre designed to last at least 5-6 years so unless its affecting you're bootups or performance i'd say leave it allone.
    Agree. And if it is really bothering you you should able to go to the CMOS and turn it off.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

I called Dell Twice and they said it was normal.

Dont mean to sound stupid, but im guessin mobo's means mother board?

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I called Dell Twice and they said it was normal.

Dont mean to sound stupid, but im guessin mobo's means mother board?
    yes, exactly that. Ye'll find some variations of the term but most of them can be easily guessed.

Newbie warrchief is off to a good start warrchief's Avatar
    Thanks

Dell's are crap, But if the tech guy says its alright, then i guess its ok. I work more on japanese brands, Ie Toshiba

Oh I see what you did there.

Isn't much of a buddhist anymore... I can't help eating meat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast