+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desktop Display problem

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks

Desktop Display problem

OK, I was out for a few hours today, and when I come home & eventually turn my computer on, it has lost the beautiful background that I'd put up. I'm also not able to put it back up, for reasons unknown to me. Now, I'm practically going out of my mind, and I'm looking for the problem. There was an icon downloaded onto my computer, some spy protection something or other. I don't know what it was, but it's gone now. I figured deleting the strange icon would take care of my problem. It didn't, or else I wouldn't be here. So, my question is, can anyone tell me WTF HAPPENED TO MY DESKTOP???
    Please help! No matter what I've tried, I can't get any wallpaper onto the desktop. It's just giving me the option of what color to have it. One solid, dull, & boring color. I know, it doesn't seem so important in retrospect to other problems one might have, but I need this picture. It's important to me. I can't even put up a different one, in its place. So, please, can someone help me?

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Desktop Display problem

You just downloaded a trojan or virus probably, reformat your computer and then find your background again, otherwise I'm sure a nice program like Kaspersky or NoD32 will find it and kill it.

There are trail versions for the AntiVirus programs

Antivirus Software - Eliminate Spyware and Adware with NOD32 Antivirus from ESET

^ NoD32

Kaspersky Lab: Antivirus software

^ Kaspersky

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Damn, I feel dumb. I forgot that I have Spybot Search & Destroy. I'll have to give that a try.

Merged*

OK, I got the pic back after I ran my AVG AntiVirus program & it found & cured the virus, but now I can't change the bg. Anything I can do for this, w/o downloading anything new?

Silverskater Edit: Please be mindful of double-posts. Thanks.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Dec 26, 2006 at 11:00 PM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure your windows firewall is up. if you are using anything like Norton Internet Security or any other script for your computer make sure they are on.

Also it would be wise to restart your computer in safe mode Disable teh System restore tool run AGV again Then restart in normal mod then reenable the System restore. this will clear out any viruses you might of stored in any of your system backups

Thanks

Thank you for the help, everyone. I'll try that, then.

+ Reply to Thread