+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desktop Icons

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Desktop Icons

Ok. I have noticed that some people have their Icons on the desktop slide.
    How would I do that?
    Yeah, Bye.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Desktop Icons

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    Ok. I have noticed that some people have their Icons on the desktop slide.
    How would I do that?
    What OS are you running? If I am to assume XP, there are a few different ways to do it, but the easiest way (the manual way) is to "right-click" your task bar area and make sure the "Lock the Taskbar" is NOT selected. Next, right-click" your task bar area again and select Toolbars/Newtoolbar. Create a new folder somewhere in the open list of folders, but in a static (meaning in a place that will not be moved) place and name it something that you will remember such as "toolbar folder". Hit "OK" and the dialogue box will close. If you look at the Taskbar, you will notice the folder name (the one you just made) on the right side. "Left-click/drag" that part of the Taskbar to where you want the toolbar. It will snap into place when you are close to an edge of the screen. You can then opt to remove titles and text by "right-clicking" the new toolbar and un-checking the "show titles" and "show text". The last step is optional, but one I use--go back to the taskbar and "right-click" to bring up the menu again. You can then "Lock the Taskbar" back up to prevent accidentally moving the new toolbar you just made.

From there, just drag shortcuts and icons onto the new toolbar. Easy as pie.

+ Reply to Thread