+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disks

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Disks

Are black disks better than average disk? (I mean those of 700mb) Which brand of them is best?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

that depends... Usually the best 'brands' are the ones recommended by the Drive Manufacturers, as their known to have good compatibility with the firm-ware BIOS of the drives they make... There is really no such thing as the 'best' blank media, as different burners use different drive mechanisms run by different driver firm-ware. And these combinations results in different compatibility issues which are vary from brand to brand...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

are u saying black as in the color of the cd?.. cuz if so... I dun think the color affects the capasity... but yes... I prefer black disks... black is my fav color
    and talking about cuality and capasity... it depends from brand to brand... but personaly, I prefer sony cds
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't mean the colour, the black disk I meant was the kind of disk which their recording surface is black in colour and the data won't go corrupt so easily when scratched (those nasty scrathes I've been trying to avoid but never did avoid them for good). and this is kinda a misc. question, does compressing something makes the thing's quality goes bad(e.g movie)?

Newbie Hades may be famous one day Hades may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, I dunno about CDs but on my cellphone, I tried to compress a movie and it spoils the quality a bit. At least the way I do it. I once compressed a 5 min vid so much that it screwed up quite bad.

Thanks

I'm talking about compressing something in the computer. Well I dunno cellphones can compress thing too. . .

+ Reply to Thread