+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dvd

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Dvd

I got a new computer with a DVD Multi Recorder R DL Preinstalled. Iwould like to be able to move my .avi and .mkv files to cd's or dvd's to free up room. Anone have any good sugestion as to what. The only thing about it is i also would like to be able to play them on a DVD player.

*PLEAS DO NOT POST ANY LINKS TO WEB SEARCHING ENGINES AS I AM LOOKING FOR PERSONAL EXPERIANCE NOT A HOLE LIST OF LINK SAYING THERE THE BEST.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dvd

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you want to be able to play those files on a NORMAL DVD player, then your going to need a commercial package (such as Roxio Easy Media Creator, or Nero 7) that can transcode your video files into a ISO dvd image
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

You may want to check your installed programs and/or software discs that came with your computer. It is rare that any computer comes with a writable drive without software--albeit trial software in some cases. Even if that is the case, if you like it or get used to using it, just purchase a license online.

If you are an unlucky consumer who has indeed purchased a computer that comes with a writable media drive but no software, I suggest you state more about your computer (platform, OS, general specs, drive manufacturer, etc), and I'm sure people will let you know their opinions.

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

I have sonic as my trial software. Not too sure about it since never used it beffore. As for my computer heres a link to the web sight. the only thing i did was add 1 hard drive and incressed the AM to 1.93 GB Compaq Presario Media Center SR2013WM Desktop PC*-* Product Specifications* Just wondering but ive been told that Xp Media is better then regular XP is this true?
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua001 View Post
    I have sonic as my trial software. Not too sure about it since never used it beffore. As for my computer heres a link to the web sight. the only thing i did was add 1 hard drive and incressed the AM to 1.93 GB Compaq Presario Media Center SR2013WM Desktop PC*-* Product Specifications* Just wondering but ive been told that Xp Media is better then regular XP is this true?
    Depends on your needs... XP Media Center Edition does come with minimal DVD burning software (for burning files), but you still need the commercial packages to burn ISO DVD video formats...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Something simple to use but can be modifyed so that the ISO will be recoded acording to the bitrate of the file rathere then just wasting space thats not needed.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Now this will be a poor solution, but if you install PEBuilder, it comes with mkisofs.exe and cdrecord.exe. They are command-line image building and burning software. Tricky at first, but free.
    Read your DVD-player manual, it should be able to play some AVI files. To perform the conversion to the AVI container from, say, Matroska, use free VirtualDub. I know that this solution is not optimal, but at least it doesn't get blown up in size like if you convert a 3 MB Youtube video to a 100 MB entry on your DVD.

+ Reply to Thread