+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVD Problem

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation DVD Problem

I just got the game Never Winter nights 2. the problem is its on a dvd and i dont have one in this desktop. Is there a way to hook up my laptop to my desktop so that the internal dvd drive in my laptop can be used by the desktop?
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DVD Problem

I think networking is a possibility. If not? Google your question I'm sure you'll find something to help you.

However, I think networking would work.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Might you know how i could go about setting up the link softwere wise?
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

You could try setting up the DVD drive as a network share and access it remotely through Windows networking, however for games, this won't work, as the game installers look explicitly for networked drives and refuse to install from them...

On the other hand, the price for internal DVD burners are breaking the $40 price barrier... sounds like it's time for a system upgrade...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Len, DVD drive prices are rock bottom now, what with HD and Blueray trying to sweep the market. You could even go barebones and pony up $10 for a DVD reader drive.

Another solution is to find someone with a decent sized USB key. Make an ISO from the DVD disk on a computer with a DVD drive. Lunch the ISO on your DVD-less computer, and run a full install. I've never tried this with that particular game, and I'm sure there are a few headaches along with way with deadspace writing and copy protection emulation, but if you own the disk it would be legal.

Thanks

I know how ever im trying not to buy anything right now since in 2-3 month im thinking of getting a hole new computer when vista comes out.

As for the USB keying....that hole thing went over my head so just not to mess up my computer again from trying to network the 2 computer im just going to go with the dvd drive. at wors ill have 2 dvd drive if i get the new computer. One internal and one external

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I can say with 99% certainty that if you try to run the game off your networked laptop DVD drive it will be unsatisfactorily slow. Something about sharing resources, unless it's a printer that can work off of a queue, never works as well as a local drive.

+ Reply to Thread