Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: File format

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

File format

I've been wondering, does the file type of video/movie effect the quality of the video/movie? I mean like .avi , .mkv, .mpg . . . . . and does compressing them ruin their quality?

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: File format

It doesn't really hurt the quality its more of a size matter, a regular DVD video is about 4.7 gigs and if you put it in .avi, .mkv, etc. it can make the size around 700 megabytes, most people get the video then get a file converter to make it DVD and sell it or watch with friends.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

The file type matters if it compresses it. The more you compress the lower the quality. If you compress it too much is will be grainy and blotchy looking. Its best not to compress more than 25%. If you do you'll notice the quality drop.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Then why are torrented movies always 700 megabytes? >_>...

THE RULES!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Then why are torrented movies always 700 megabytes? >_>...
    So they can be downloaded in a reasonable time. 700 MB is like only 15% of the data thats on a DVD-5(Single layer) disc. So you know the quality sucks. Besides from being totally illegal, it's another reason ppl are stupid for doing that.

Thanks

Actually I've seen some good quality out of torrented movies, DVD quality to be exact.

THE RULES!

Newbie Hades may be famous one day Hades may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yeah, I agree with Violent. I saw a torrent DL of 690mb and the quality is superb! I would say DVD quality. Its just great!

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

I don't get it, is it hte size of the file that determines the quality or the format of the file? And how can you watch a movie with only 15% of data from the DVD? won't it be cut half way? And I noticed there's this .sfv file in the fansub I DL sometimes, I mean I know it stands for Simple File Verification, but whats that (what it does?)?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast