+ Reply to Thread

Thread: File name colors

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

File name colors

Just recently switched to a white wall on my desktop and of course now the name of the icons on my desktop isn't showing up so well. Anyone know how I can change the color of the file names??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: File name colors

In older versions of Windows, the text color was immediately controlled by the desktop background color--meaning that even if you were running a white wallpaper, the OS looked at what color you set the desktop background. If the background color was white, you text would be black. If the background was black, the text would be white, regardless of your wallpaper color.

Since XP, Windows has implimented text shadows as the contrast method. You can no longer manually over-ride the text color by changing the background color. You can still alter the text color through regedits or third party utilizes (WindowBlinds is one such tool, but there are much more simple utilities out on the net that just address the icon text color), but I am not aware of a built in way to fix that issue. Would be interested if anyone else knows.

+ Reply to Thread