Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 2.0 Set to release today

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Firefox 2.0 Set to release today

Quote Originally Posted by betanews
    The Mozilla Corporation on Monday posted to its download site the final release of Firefox 2.0, the second-generation release of the popular alternative Web browser. An official announcement is expected Tuesday.

New features in Firefox 2.0 include enhancements in security, tabbed browsing, performance, and extensions. The browser update also includes a built-in spell checking and an anti-phishing feature, much like Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7, which launched last week.

JavaScript 1.7 and improved subscribing of RSS feeds are also among the additions. The update to Firefox's JavaScript interpreter is an important change, especially as more Web sites take advantage of the new benefits of Asynchronous JavaScript -- especially as they embed objects or functionality from Google and Microsoft Windows Live.

As Mozilla vice president for engineering Mike Schroepfer told BetaNews in an interview, JavaScript 1.7 is an interim build - a "check point" on the way to finally implementing JavaScript 2.0, which is based on (actually a superset of) the ECMAscript 4.0 proposal that Netscape made to the ECMA standards body in 2003, and which incorporates Macromedia's (now Adobe's) ActionScript 2.0.

Firefox 2.0 has been in testing since March and was originally slated to launch in August. However, a number of last minute bugs and security issues pushed back the release to October, and Mozilla said it would not rush FIrefox's first major upgrade.
    If you can not waite you can goto BetaNews To download it.

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Firefox 2.0 Set to release today

I´m already using it... but something strange Really slow... maybe something is wrong in my configuration...

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Re: Firefox 2.0 Set to release today

Or you could just goto Firefox - Rediscover the Web

And for those that use alt+s to post, it's now shift+alt+s

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skillzpay View Post
    Or you could just goto Firefox - Rediscover the Web

And for those that use alt+s to post, it's now shift+alt+s
    whoa i didnt know you can use a command to post on forums. well its not like i will use it though..im not that lazy. no offense.

i like the built-in spell checking feature but im not going to get 2.0 until its done.

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paiki View Post
    I´m already using it... but something strange Really slow... maybe something is wrong in my configuration...
    Or it could be Firefox is slow. This new version doesn't do anything much different then the better web browser out there. Just seems they're trying to play catch up and copy the best.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

No the new Firefox is fast its just slow to load up, takes about 5-10 secs but after that its fine and I have a crap load of add-ons too so I love it.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

It loads pages up a bit slower than the 1.x versions for me. While noticeable, it's not a drastic slow down from its previous versions though.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't know why ,but to me that fire fox 2.0 is actually preety disapointing, or maybe i have to format my pc again so who knows.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast