Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3.0

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Firefox 3.0

I have been using Safari for a while now, so i guess i'll give firefox 3 a try. Thanks for the info miro444.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

There's no "go to" button. I want my "Go To" button (its the button that you would manually click to go to an address typed in the address bar)
    Yes there is. Clear out the current address and start typing a new address, you'll see that its now a go to button. Its hidden until you type a new address.

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually I had Firefox 3.0 for like 2 weeks now..why was it released today? Hmm...anyways..

Yes I have been working it out mostly and I love it. It's faster and more secure. The buttons are coolio too ^-^ and the drop down list rocks ^.^ Also I heard they are trying to get the most downloads in a 24-hr. period. 15,000 + changes

Yeah, Bye.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Got it earlier this morning, the memory usage goes to around 123 Mb when having 7 tabs on. I tried 12 tabs and does about 178 Mb of Ram needed. Then I try to find a website that has more flash and my memory for firefox goes to 198 Mb of ram used. I guess it depends on which site you load up.

I have a 2.13 GHz (overclocked from 1.6 GHz) with 1.5 Gigs of Ram so I'm good, but it does make a few flash games lag from time to time compared to IE. Before FF brings down IE, it might take a little more time, though I'm pretty sure it might happen if IE 8 doesn't get good fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Shit almighty, talk about memory hogging. This computer here has 256MB RAM and it's just dying right now. I'm clocking Firefox 2 at 77MB but 3 is killing me.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    This computer here has 256MB RAM

Seeing as most PC's now have at least 1 or 2GB ram standard, this Version is designed for that. How the hell do you only have 256MB of ram? My 6 year old PC had 768 of ram. Time for an upgrade man or you wont be able to use any modern software like vista or PS CS III.

It ain't memory hogging if you have an adequate System. Most modern programs will be considered memory hogging on 256MB of ram.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I had 768 Mb of ram on my 2001 PC long ago. What made me change was the 850 MHz.....Guild Wars was lagging big time.

1.5 Gigs is plenty for me now, but I can upgrade to 2 Gigs if need be. Beyond that I'll consider getting a new laptop as this one is from 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Thanks

I noticed firefox 3.0 does something IE does. When you download any file it add the security thing to the properties. Which, unless you hit unblock, will make the do you want to run this file dialog to come up. I know you just hit run and the setup will come up, but its just a nuisance. I guess its an added security feature.

Is this the way it is, or can you disable this?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jun 23, 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast