Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: firefox doesn't keep my info

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

firefox doesn't keep my info

so last night i was busy trimming something and it used a lot of resources so it shutdown firefox and msn. when i went back on the net, my logged in information isnt saved. i proceeded to login but when i close firefox and go back to the site, it asks me to login again.

whats the deal?

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Re: firefox doesn't keep my info

Are you clicking the "Remember Me" thing anywhere? I know this might be obvious, but I havent signed out since I started here. xD I'm just wondering. I dont know much about Firefox, as I tend not to use it myself. I refer to it as "Failfox" myself, and I'm usually one for Internet Explorer. : /

I've never had this instance before, I can't help you more than that I'm afraid, sorry. ;_; Maybe a browser setting or something?

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by iazndragoni yan View Post
    so last night i was busy trimming something and it used a lot of resources so it shutdown firefox and msn. when i went back on the net, my logged in information isnt saved. i proceeded to login but when i close firefox and go back to the site, it asks me to login again.

whats the deal?
    I believe that Firefox has the OPTIONAL setting to delete cache and cookies when it closes, (Which isn't a good thing when cookies are used to store your log-in info...), so you might want to check this... You should also check your Anime Online account to see if it is set for cookie log-in for your account
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

i read up about it and i changed it to 1, 2, 3 but the problem still occurs. i dont want to sign into forums every time i open up firefox.

i have always used the remember me in forums and im pretty sure that i dont have the option of cookies deleting if i close down firefox on.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe you could check if the cookies are being accepted, and also checking the exception lists. (just simple things but you probably already have).
    "failfox?"., maybe if you cant work around things. I've had no annoying problems.(once you have the appropriate add-ons you'll surf just fine without incident.)

a useful tip when all else fails, just uninstall FF completely and re-install. its actually not that much of a hassle to do so.(i'll do it now for pure fun...)

Thanks

im pretty sure i am accepting cookies.

i guess i could do the uninstall but what will i lose? i backed up my favorites so im safe there. what about saved passwords?

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

.... Lost passwords?

Wait a sec, is any of your other logins of your other sites still staying logged in? Is it just the AO login that isn't staying logged in?

If thats the case, then I'm sure that's something to do with cookies, then?
    What the other guys said. o.o;

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Thanks

its not just AO. any forum, gmail, yahoo mail, etc.
    as long as i have firefox opened, i will stay logged in but once i close it then open a new one, i have to sign into my forums all over again. its very annoying.

SasuraiHell, reply back on that uninstalling firefox you said you're doing

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast