+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Firefox issues

Newbie confused may be famous one day confused may be famous one day confused's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Firefox issues

actually, im having ALOT of firefox issues. i hate it. it always freezes

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

I know the bouncing that you are talking about. Mine came with version.9 and some poorly coded themes.........but to have them without downloading anything sounds like a conflict with another program that bonds with browsers. Uninstall- sweep for viruses, spyware, malware- delete leach programs- and reinstall FF.

It is still hands down better than IE. I just with I didn't have to keep IE for all the IE only sites.

-----edit-----

By leach programs, I mean tool bars, weather bars, etc.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by >.<confused>.<
    actually, im having ALOT of firefox issues. i hate it. it always freezes
    You have to build things on a solid ground. Having unstable hardware or operating system won't quite help any program to run properly. I suggest that you study the help files of some antiviruses thoroughly and become a regular on some security-related site (I only know Czech ones, find one in your own language) - it will also alert you when fixes are available for common applications.
    As for Firefox: It's the most usable browser I have ever known. The Internet is just pain with IE. You can also choose Opera, but Opera solves problems by specializing to the layout of the sites they are pointed out to not to work instead of supporting the standards correctly. That said, cnn.com and the Acid Test will run fine in Opera, but try coding something using JS and CSS and see if it works in Opera - I don't think so.

Newbie kantichaoslord may be famous one day kantichaoslord may be famous one day kantichaoslord's Avatar
    Thanks

Laharl your a damn stalker

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, try unistalling the FF, and if it doesn't work after re-install then I can't help.
    But atleast 2 times ^_^ And you can allways try Opera, kinda secure too, way better
    than IE and much better to use.

Running: FF 1.5.0.4 and Opera 9.0

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Newbie Grayle may be famous one day Grayle may be famous one day Grayle's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't get what's the bouncing problem. if it is as Zednek says, it's the website's faulty non W3C encoding... one thing which Firefox adheres to. IE does not follow standard encoding agreements so websites work differently in different browsers. but the basic idea is that stuff that works on firefox will work on all browsers. hence webdesigners try not to work with W3C standards.

i believe these issues are rather old... go get the latest version of Firefox and overide your old one. should solves most issues. if you have problems post them in the Mozilla bug tracker, not here.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

90% of the time, the bouncing issue is CSS related. The entire GUI for FF (and many other programs) is based on CSS. Now, if you have messed around with skins, themes, extensions, or any other add-ons, there is a good chance that they are incompatible with whatever release of FF you have. That is why I said check for leach programs. Sometimes they do not play nicely with FF's CSS infrastructure. Other times (like my own), a skin may work with one release of FF, but not another.

If you happen to be good with CSS coding, you might be able to spot the problem by looking into the FF skin coding. Even so, this would take a seasoned expert a bit of time.

The bottom line is that this particular problem (and I'm not saying this conclusively--in all reality it could be multiple things) has nothing to do with what you are viewing, it is an internal glitch in FF.

Try this blank webpage. Let me know if you still have an issue with the bouncing:

BLANK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2