+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firefox video downloader - what am I doing wrong?

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Firefox video downloader - what am I doing wrong?

Yay, my first topic as LordCastigator! Yay for me
    OK, so all the topics I started as Daniel219 are now changed to LordCastigator, but this one I'm starting as LordCastigator, so there...

Basically, I got my hands on a copy of the Firefox Video Downloader from their site, since there's a good few clips I'd like to put on my computer. However, I have a problem.

Typically it's YouTube clips I try to use it on, only to be told-
    [youtube.com] Error: Not a valid URL (YouTube - Trigun Amv / Hallelujah). Visit our web to know in detail what video sites are supported.
    Funny thing is, YouTube is supposed to be supported. Heck, the how-to clip they show has them downloading YouTubes!

So, is there anything I'm doing wrong, or is it something with the programming I'm not aware of...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie ninryuu is off to a good start ninryuu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Firefox video downloader - what am I doing wrong?

it happened to me too...
    i think the problem is that youtube was updated and the videodownloader wasn't...
    it happened some time ago and i doubt it will be repair again...
    but i'm not sure about that it's just a theory, if anyone can confirm it i would really appreciate
    Fate is unfair with the pure ones...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, you need this url: http://www.youtube.com/v/ekHeeJWsNJA&rel=1

Code:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekHeeJWsNJA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekHeeJWsNJA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Thanks

Basically it's never worked for me, unless they updated YouTube before I downloaded it.

And thanks for the link, but it didn't work on that either, even when I opened it as a new window.

But I might see if it is the latest version I've got...

EDIT: Looks like they have updated it. I tried a clip again, then clicked a few links. Apparently the new version is being kept in something called the "Sandbox", apparently where they keep stuff for members before releasing it to the public if I read it right.

Might have to sign up...

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

Google caught on to the old method wich downloads the files and did some strange thing and now the files are downloaded to your cache as "get_video" without any extensions. Right now, even most of the youtube downloading forms on the net don't seem to be working for me, wich makes me think that somethings happened and YouTube has changed something again.

Youtube Downloader isn't the only way to download them. When you watch the videoes themselves, your technically downloading them, then watching them as they're downloaded. That's obvious, so one could ask, "Where is the internet cache?" A cache is exactly that, where all the files are downloaded in order for your browsers to put together all the files together and view the site.

Now I'm sorry if your a FF user, I've only found how to do this with IE. In order to access the cache:

-My Computer
    -C:\Documents and Settings\
    -Choose the current login username [this is the username specified when the account was created]

From here on out, the folders are either hidden, and even not technically displayed even when show hidden files is turned on in options.

In the URL, add: "Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\"

Your URL will look like "C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5" except admin will be your username.

Now click Search > All Files and Folders
    Click Advanced options and make sure to search System & Hidden files/folders.
    Make sure your looking in Content.IE5
    In the Search Field, type "get_video"

You'll now be shown all your videos from YouTube. Copy the files to your desktop and rename them to have the ".flv" extension on the end. You can watch them in Windows Media Player 11, just open them manually, it might ask something, but click play anyways.

If your actually insane enough to try this, good luck.

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

Thanks

Well, I'm not exactly know for my Sanity...

Might have a whack at it...

loaded up a clip using IE..

Tracked it down I think on my computer...

Opening. It seems to be trying to download it using, Firefox? Oh well, open once loaded with - Windows Media Player..

Loaded, can't read. Think I might try opening the file location then changing it to that file extension you suggested...

Bugger, couldn't get it to work. Oh well, I'll figure something out. Until then, there's always the favorites button...

+ Reply to Thread