+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Good anti-virus programs?

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good anti-virus programs?

I'm still using AVG Free 8.0 its way better than the 7.5. I have yet to notice any problems with it. I have never seen any popups or anything. The only thing that remotely looks like a pop up is the update reminder which doesn't show unless your seeing the user interface.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Speaking from a professional standpoint as a High Speed Internet call center tech,

STAY AWAY FROM THE BIG NAMES IN ANTI-VIRUS UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPUTER THAT CAN SUPPORT THEIR REQUIREMENTS.

Both Norton and McAffee have earned the nickname "Bloat Ware". Both just sit there using up memory and provide the same ammount of protection as AVG does at half the memory usage (And AVG is free).

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Both Norton and McAffee have earned the nickname "Bloat Ware". Both just sit there using up memory and provide the same amount of protection as AVG does at half the memory usage (And AVG is free).
    I'm gussin you haven't tried Norton lately. They improved it 100%. My PC boots up real fast, and hell Firefox uses more resources than it does. My Norton right now is using only like 6000k total of resources. 2007 was real hoggy, but 2008 is a dream. I just got the Norton Anti-virus 2008, the 306 and internet security might be a little more hoggy though?

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I'm gussin you haven't tried Norton lately. They improved it 100%. My PC boots up real fast, and hell Firefox uses more resources than it does. My Norton right now is using only like 6000k total of resources. 2007 was real hoggy, but 2008 is a dream. I just got the Norton Anti-virus 2008, the 306 and internet security might be a little more hoggy though?
    YAY Somebody agrees. No not actually, although I wouldn't use IE with it or change to a new version of IE. Because of the tool bar, but you can hide it.
    Yeah, Bye.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Re read what I said: "Unless you have a computer that meets its requirments"

I bet you that if you had a computer that had half of the resources that you have, Your computer would be slow as all hell.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Re read what I said: "Unless you have a computer that meets its requirments"

I bet you that if you had a computer that had half of the resources that you have, Your computer would be slow as all hell.
    Well yeah, if your using some 10 year old PC and are running windows 98.

It did fine on my 5 year old HP PC. It did have 768 of RAM, but thats it. The Processor was only a AMD rated at 2.00 GHZ. IF you dont have at least those requirements, you should give yourself a good slap.

It may slow the boot time, but 6000k wont slow any PC. Though when its updating it could slow REAL old PC's.

Newbie tentacle king is off to a good start
    Thanks

I use Avast!, its pretty good, and its free. I recommend it highly on the basis that its user friendly, and its effective.

Newbie Patxi_Metal may be famous one day Patxi_Metal may be famous one day Patxi_Metal's Avatar
    Thanks

Use Avast 4.8 is the best free antivirus program and it dosn't consume too many reasorses on your pc and for antyspyware use spyware terminator with comodo firewall. Or just use Kaspersky (but is not free)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast