+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Good anti-virus programs?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good anti-virus programs?

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    I've had NOD32 recommended to me before, especially by the guy who actually built this computer of mine, but never could find out where to get it from. Any chance you can tell us where you can get it Master_Badger? I have a sneaking suspicion it's only available online...

Your suspicions are correct!. I've seen trial disk handed out at major computer expositions, but the product itself is only available through purchase download (and VISTA is not supported)... I seen security 'consultants' who attend the Las Vegas Black Hat conference who swear by this product...

Better Antivirus - Buy Eset NOD32 Security Software
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Cool, thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it so when my current one runs out, I can get my hands on it. The guy who built my rig swears by it too, but I forgot to get the address, plus it was a couple of years later when we got the net. Apparently it's also great for gamers, cleaning up the incoming data while not taking up too many resources.

Mind you, this is only what I've heard. The jury's still out until I actually use it...

Thanks again for the link!

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku Ichiya Yuka is off to a good start
    Thanks

i using NOD32 and panda....i think they're gud XDDDD

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    I've had NOD32 recommended to me before, especially by the guy who actually built this computer of mine, but never could find out where to get it from. Any chance you can tell us where you can get it Master_Badger? I have a sneaking suspicion it's only available online...

Yes, like Len Miyata says, it's only available to purchase online. And it's true that Vista isn't suported, only XP. I use that AV on an old PC with XP and works well.

And you have the link now, buy it, download and enjoy. I hope that program 'll available for Vista.
    "Knowledge is power"

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

Stay away from Anti-Virus 2009, ironicly that program gave my laptop a virus.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a list of the best anti-viruses in the world

Kaspersky - Antivirus Software: Kaspersky Lab - Protection Against Malware and Cybercrime - price range 60-80$ ( Updates hourly for virus protection )
    NOD32 - Antivirus Software - Eliminate viruses with ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security - price for 1 year 60$ 2 years is 90$ ( Updates every 12 hours for virus protection )
    Bitdefender - Antivirus software - BitDefender - The future of security now! - price 50$ ( up to 3 computers usage, and updates every 12 hours )
    F-Secure - Antivirus Software and Internet Security Tools - F-Secure -price 75 euros ( updates daily )

I personally have never got a virus, trojan, worm, etc while using Kaspersky, its catch rate is 97.8% and that's why its the best NOD32 is a close second with a 96.5% catch rate. Bitdefender is a 93.4% I believe and F-Secure 89.7%, any other anti-virus is not something I would use since the catch rate for almost all other anti-viruses are under 85% v_v;!

Kaspersky Internet Security is a bit overpriced I do agree but its worth not having to stress over stupid malware

Also a nice hint for those still using Norton, norton is actually a nice 30-40% catch rate and is a ram hog ;/

Hope this helped people!

P.S:

Len and Master_badger

This is the system requirements for NOD32 3.0 is indeed Vista supported, the version you think isn't Vista supported is 2.7 their version from last year.

Systems Requirements

* Processors supported: 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) Intel®, AMD® or 100% compatible
    [/bold]* Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP (32 and 64-bit editions), Microsoft Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit editions) [/bold]
    * Memory: 33 - 38 MB on average
    * Disk Space (download): 16MB
    * Disk Space (installation): 78MB

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Dead Thread Closing...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Over-ruling.... This information is useful enough that I'm going to make it open and sticky...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast