+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google Takes on Windows With Chrome OS

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Google Takes on Windows With Chrome OS

I just went to CNN.com and BAM! this hits me right smack on the homepage:

Google takes on Windows with Chrome OS - CNN.com

Now I don't know too much about Operating Systems. I just go with Windows

But it intrigues me how Google plans to 're-invent' how Operating Systems are built. Thoughts?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Google Takes on Windows With Chrome OS

Yay. Looks like it will be a great OS for web surfing, which is all I do. I really don't care for windows vista because I can't find anything, windows xp was much better. So I have been looking for a new OS, so this is good news. Like all new things that come out it will probably have a lot of bugs though.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not a big fan of Google but I'm all for anything that will make Microsoft's sales go down for further or drop in ranking.
    Between Vista and some other things, I'm hanging on the edge of my seat praying and hope that one day they too will file for bankruptcy and request a bailout.

Newbie LadyJuliaHale is off to a good start LadyJuliaHale's Avatar
    Don't tell me to smile, because I don't know how.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Yay. Looks like it will be a great OS for web surfing, which is all I do. I really don't care for windows vista because I can't find anything, windows xp was much better. So I have been looking for a new OS, so this is good news. Like all new things that come out it will probably have a lot of bugs though.

I definitely agree with you. I've been using Google Chrome since Internet Explorer decided to stop working and I quite like it! I do hope that Google Chrome OS works perfectly well! If it does, I may switch to it.
    I'm standing in the dark calling your name, But when you don't answer,
    I realized everyday it's the same.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I normally give OS's a chance before I decide what I want to use.

So far I've used several distro's of Linux (Favorites being Ubuntu and Slackware), Every windows platform since 3.0, and all Mac OSx since 10.3, and the virdict is this:

If I ever get a laptop, it will be a Macbook pro.

My desktop will remain my gaming machine, and hence, will be Windows (Currently running Windows 7 RC)

And that leaves Linux out in the cold. Sorry there Tux, but just because you're free doesn't mean that I'm going to use you.

Newbie Lazul is off to a good start Lazul's Avatar
    Thanks

Noone wasnt really ready to challenge Microsoft, but here comes the heros from the garage to the real world, Google is really something, since Bill Gates is just a really businessman and Microsoft just marketing Google is taking it by the horns, lets be honest Windows Vista is just "Vista" in spanish means "look" they just changed how it looks whit some upgrades but nothing serious (and still have the some old problems), Google its going to make it big.

anima-ia.com

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazul View Post
    Noone wasnt really ready to challenge Microsoft, but here comes the heros from the garage to the real world, Google is really something, since Bill Gates is just a really businessman and Microsoft just marketing Google is taking it by the horns, lets be honest Windows Vista is just "Vista" in spanish means "look" they just changed how it looks whit some upgrades but nothing serious (and still have the some old problems), Google its going to make it big.
    You are probably too young to remember a time when Microsoft was the hot new software company and Big Blue was the corporate monster. That's pretty much the same scenario here with Google and Microsoft with two major exceptions:

1) Google is already massive in both net worth and reach.
    2) Google, like Microsoft, has a board of trustees and a legion of investors, so both are really in it for the business. Incidentally, Google has a refreshing approach which makes them out to be the "savior".

I think the direction of cloud computing is the future, but I'm hesitant to say that a Google released OS will be a solid complete replacement for Windows or OSX until they are seasoned enough with driver support and X86 compatibility, unless they are only targeting netbooks.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I normally give OS's a chance before I decide what I want to use.

So far I've used several distro's of Linux (Favorites being Ubuntu and Slackware), Every windows platform since 3.0, and all Mac OSx since 10.3, and the virdict is this:

If I ever get a laptop, it will be a Macbook pro.

My desktop will remain my gaming machine, and hence, will be Windows (Currently running Windows 7 RC)

And that leaves Linux out in the cold. Sorry there Tux, but just because you're free doesn't mean that I'm going to use you.
    Why Mac? Why?!

If you go Linux, quite literally the machine will only beas good as the user. You have a lot error for mistakes but the Linux community is always big on helping others unlike Mac or Windows.

Mac. . . the just keep evolving and evolving but no real significant changes are being made. You maintain all the same functions throughout the greater majority of the last 3 Mac operating systems and that's about it.
    And as much as I hate Microsoft right now. . . pCs offer better gaming experiences unless of course you get a Mac and it has an NVIDIA graphics card in which case, compatibility be damned, cause the images are going to be awesome.
    (Although now that I think about you can get NVIDIA graphics cards in just about any other laptop. . .)

I don't see Google being a big contender in the OS market. In spite of anything you can possibly think of, Mac, Windows, and Linux are here to stay pretty much . . . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast