+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Google Takes on Windows With Chrome OS

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Google Takes on Windows With Chrome OS

If I get a laptop, I'm not going to be doing anything on it besides surfing the internet, Playing WoW when away from my gaming computer, and possibly writing and graphic editing.

I used Macs extensively in college, and I know that as productivity platforms, Macs far out do PCs.

Plus, they're Smexy.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Google chrome is good, it's extremely fast and has nearly no bugs with it. I occasionally use Firefox and IE but chrome is above all in speed and efficiency.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I used Macs extensively in college, and I know that as productivity platforms, Macs far out do PCs.

Plus, they're Smexy.
    I always find that a funny argument for Macs. Let me preface this by saying that I was a Performa, OS7.5 Mac person (well actually originally a Commodore 64 person), and then moved to the G3 chip back when Apple actually licensed their hardware. I moved to PCs when I just couldn't afford the Apple workstation that I needed.

In any case, both platforms have software that do the same things and in some instances, there are cross platform software titles such as Adobe's suites. How then, does a Mac "far outdo" a PC? Isn't the argument for the user, not the platform? I would agree to the statement that people in multimedia fields choose Macs more often than PCs, but for sheer productivity, there are no measurements that can qualify that statement.

For me, its more practical. Macs, when fully loaded to the gills with options, are far more expensive. They also tend to be a generation behind with graphics cards (except for the newer Macbook Pros).

Newbie Shaka may be famous one day Shaka may be famous one day Shaka's Avatar
    Thanks

I just bought a new Desktop with windows vista on it and i totally hate it with passion i wish i could go back to windows xp it was so much better and faster, windows vista is filled with useless things i dont need and it's always crashing and i feels alot more slow, tons of problem i had already with different programs and trying to past files on my PSP is a chore everytime i have that windows media player open.

good i will use anything but windows vista, though i don't trust google either not a big fan of their products i know they spy on your computer.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Shaka, wait until October and pick up an upgrade copy of Windows 7. You will notice a huge improvement in performance.

In the mean time, see about getting more ram into your computer, Vista is a ram hog, the more you give it, the better it will run. 2 gigs minimum.

As for Windows Media Player opening up with certain files. I got news for ya, Windows XP would do the same thing if WMP was set as the default player for those types of media.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe my eyes Yahoo! signing up with Microsoft and Google making their own OS gosh we are going to have a business war here soon!!!

I'm going to check out Google Chrome when it comes out most definitely hopefully Google puts good ideas into their operating system

aceman67 I've used Windows 7 a little bit also RC and its pretty good but its still not what it should be considering what technology we have now a days

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie Shaka may be famous one day Shaka may be famous one day Shaka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Shaka, wait until October and pick up an upgrade copy of Windows 7. You will notice a huge improvement in performance.

In the mean time, see about getting more ram into your computer, Vista is a ram hog, the more you give it, the better it will run. 2 gigs minimum.

As for Windows Media Player opening up with certain files. I got news for ya, Windows XP would do the same thing if WMP was set as the default player for those types of media.
    If i can get a copy free copy of windows 7 i would doit, but for now i'm gonna try to find a way to install windows xp in here or just wait for next year when i get a new desktop to try windows 7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    aceman67 I've used Windows 7 a little bit also RC and its pretty good but its still not what it should be considering what technology we have now a days
    Having used Windows 7 (Was using RC, now i'm using the RTM version) for the last couple months, I don't think I could go back to XP or Vista.

XP just doesn't have the features I've come to love, and vista's performance is shockingly bad.

My computers performance has almost doubled since I used Win7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2