+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hard Drive Problem

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Hard Drive Problem

I have 3 hard drives connected to my computer. The C,D ang G drives. Today i oved a folder from G drive to D but when i went to My Computer it didnt show any increase in space. Beffore the move it said i had 67.8 MB and affter i mover the 2.8 Gig folder it still says 67.8 MB. Anyone know what this is about or how to fix it. I already ran Norton Disk Doctor and Norton WinDoctor resulting with nothing changed.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hard Drive Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua001 View Post
    I have 3 hard drives connected to my computer. The C,D ang G drives. Today i oved a folder from G drive to D but when i went to My Computer it didnt show any increase in space. Beffore the move it said i had 67.8 MB and affter i mover the 2.8 Gig folder it still says 67.8 MB. Anyone know what this is about or how to fix it. I already ran Norton Disk Doctor and Norton WinDoctor resulting with nothing changed.
    More information is needed to solve this one.

First off, I can only assume that you meant that you have 67.8 Mb left on your drive before the move, and that after the move your computer showed the same amount of available space. What was the exact method of moving the file? What platform/OS do you run? Is the directory protected in any way? Any any of these drives networked drives?

There are myriad reasons for this, but your particular answer can only be fleshed out with more detail.

Newbie Threatrix is off to a good start Threatrix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua001 View Post
    The only reason I can see for this happening is that when you move data from one hard drive to another instead of moving the directory it just makes a copy of the directory and or file and moves it. so if the files are on both you can delete them from the original directory.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

In some operating systems when you move folders and files in certain ways it doesn't actually move them, it merely creates shortcuts to them. And because shortcuts can be under 1kb in size, you wouldn't notice the difference if that is what happened.

+ Reply to Thread