+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with firewall

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Help with firewall

I'm using Kerio personal firewall 4, Firefox and XP Prof.
    And my problem is that I can't see banner in top of the pages.
    So I was wondering if it's reason of firewall...if it is, could somebody
    tell me how to conf. Kerio to show that banner.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help with firewall

A firewall normally would block the whole site not part of it (such as a banner). Firewalls operate with ports and IP address and the port and ip address that the site uses will be the same as the banner. The only exception I can think of would be if the banner is a direct linked image. It would give a 404 page not found message where the banner should be. What is the site(s) you having issues with and does it give an error message (or the typical broken image icon)?

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

It's whole animeonline site. It kinda start "downloading" the banner but
    almoust instantly it just disappears. And yes, it doesn't show broken image
    picture, nor error msg.
    Cos' this site works with my main-comp with same internet setting (different FW)
    I thought that it is FW's reason.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The images for this site are loaded from AO's server so it really shouldn't be a firewall issue. Frankly I am not sure...try a different browser, if it works with the other browser then it may be a setting in your current browser (the settings could be different on the 2 machines which is why it may work on 1 of your machines and not the other).

Beyond that...where is Len when you need him!

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

This firewall has options for built-in ad blockers. I have heard issues with its compatability with FF, and here is evidence of a similar problem.

LINK

It probably detects the image sswitching script and blocks it like some ad-blockers stop Flash elements.

The fix = Dump that firewall, and get another free one like Zone Alarm

Thanks

know1, frankly ZA s*cks.
    And Kerio is not only FW with problems, but I'll try Opera and if that won't
    work then I just have to find some kind of solution, but one thing
    is sure...I'm not going back to ZA

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    know1, frankly ZA s*cks.
    How about a thanks next time when someone is kind enough to give advice? Ultimately, you didn't know that your firewall had ad block and script block, and it seems that you still don't know that you can turn them off--so I was enlightening you about it.

Zone alarm might not be hack proof, but it is free, and good enough for most people's needs. If your data is that sensitive, then manually turn ports off.

Thanks

Have you tried turning your firewall off and seeing if the page loads correctly then? That would let you know if it indeed was the firewall, then you could browse their help files to learn how to cut off the ad-blocker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast