+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HELP! I think this is beyond my repair skills!

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: HELP! I think this is beyond my repair skills!

Well, I stripped it down to an empty case, I even removed the motherboard (just to get a closer look)... I think I found the c-moss (it is a somewhat small rectangular chip) I removed it, put it back in, and proceeded to place "everything" back. I double checked to make sure everything was secure. To my dismay, I still heard the same beeping noise with the same problem... I'm starting to think that I indeed fried my video card... This would mean I need an entirely new motherboard (since the video card is integrated in the board). Well... I guess I just might be starting over from scratch... This definately sucks, because i'm currently using the "family p.c." Which is just terrible... I'm not even going to attempt to put any of my software in here (it wouldn't be able to handle it). If anyone has any ideas as to ressurecting my p.c. (other than a complete rebuild) i'm all ears...

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you put in a video card and then switch the BIOS to use the video card. I've been able to do this with most my old HP's with success. Other then that, I think you did some damage to your Mother Board. If the Processor Chip and all other parts are still good, you could probably get a new motherboard for a good price....definatly less then the cost of a good graphics card.

I wish you the best of luck....

Thanks

That sounds like a good idea... The only problem is "my screen is pitch black", it's as if I put in sleep mode or something... I'll give it a shot, but the last time I checked I need to see my screen in order to switch my bios...

~Stay blessed

Newbie Fonzie may be famous one day Fonzie may be famous one day Fonzie's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it possible that you have accidently broken a connection when you installed the RAM chip? When people place chips in with a little more force than neccesary, you can crack the motherboard slightly, and while it looks ok from a cursory analysis, the crack can sever a connection. The copper wires embedded in the motherboard are pretty fragile, and even profesionals sometimes damage motherboards when installing a new chip.

Thanks

I'm quite certain that my motherboard is o.k. (except for the integrated video card) I was gentle when installing the ram. I'm starting to save some cash for a new p.c, because this is starting to look like a lost cause. The entire p.c. is outdated anyway (4 years old), so I guess this is a good excuse to buy a new one... Or should I build one... Either way, it's going to be a while before I have my own p.c. again... This sucks... I do want to thank everyone for their help, I really do appreciate it. If anyone knows any "miracle knowledge" as to how I can revive my p.c. feel free to let me know. Once again... "thank you".

~Stay blessed

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

The entire p.c. is outdated anyway (4 years old), so I guess this is a good excuse to buy a new one...
    sniff....I wish my newest machine (outside of the holliday sale laptops) was only 4 years old. That's a screaming machine in my house!

If you have the skills, just build it. You'll get a better machine for a lot less.

As for "miracle knowledge", have you tried a Linux Live CD/DVD? it never touches your hard drive (unless you want it to) and you'll itleast have a functioning internet/work box until you get up and running. Yeah, it's not a "full functioning machine" so to speak, but I've had a lot of luck with a live CD and a flash drive. If your intrested just PM me and I can give you some suggestions on what Live Distros might work for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2