Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help me please...

Inu-Yasha Fan Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help me please...

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    I have a few questions to ask...

1) Do you need the PC to come with a monitor
    2) What kind of games do you intend to play (I mean Titles, the latest Doom, Elder Scroll, etc...)
    3) Do you prefer Intel or AMD based systems
    4) Do you prefer GeForce or Raedion graphics cards
    (Don't worry if you can't answer the last 2, just would be useful if you knew)
    How cone you always have one million dollar questions?
    Oh well here I go...

- Doesn't matter

2) What kind of games do you intend to play (I mean Titles, the latest Doom, Elder Scroll, etc...
    - Starcraft, Diablo II, Counter Strike, Command and Conquar, Unreal Tournement, Halo, and a few more but I forget...

- Intel, I think.... Whats the difference between the two?
    What would you "want." Hehehe I love quotes...

- That runs in the "What would you want" section sorry...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mega.Herz
    How cone you always have one million dollar questions?
    Oh well here I go...

- Doesn't matter

2) What kind of games do you intend to play (I mean Titles, the latest Doom, Elder Scroll, etc...
    - Starcraft, Diablo II, Counter Strike, Command and Conquar, Unreal Tournement, Halo, and a few more but I forget...

- Intel, I think.... Whats the difference between the two?
    What would you "want." Hehehe I love quotes...

- That runs in the "What would you want" section sorry...

...I assume based on you answers you don't know how to "build" a pc which is the best (and maybe only) way to get a decent system and not spend more then $600 bucks. Normally I would say Dell but that won't be a good option if you are looking for a "gaming system" I guess we should start with what to look for in a system.

Personally you will be looking for the followingish specs, they can vary and I am sure some people would vary them but hey you are looking to only spend about $600 bucks.

Processors (that little chip that controls well computer processes)
    Brands: AMD vs Intel to each their own...frankly it doesn't matter which one you choose IMO.

I normally use Intel because they have been around forever and I have never had problems with their chips but AMD is just as good arguably better.

You want 2.66ghz to a 3.0ghz (speed) chip if Intel something with HT if AMD 64 bit. The exact speed isn't important because there isn't a game on the market that will even remotely come close to maxing out the chip (the HD and CD/DVD will cause slowdowns way before a processor will max out).

$$$ Price 100-200 MAX

CD/DVD
    Make sure the drive is 52X for read speeds cause they do still sell 48x and you don't want a slower drive when the PC is trying to read the darn game.

$$$ Price 50 bucks MAX

RAM
    1 Ghz DDR - RAM is you pc's working area the bigger the desk the faster the work gets done. You can go with 512 MB but that is half the size and if you are running XP you will see performance issues.

$$$ Price 100 MAX

Graphic Gards
    GeForce vs Raedion....

IT DOESN"T MATTER

Geforce is the better gaming card right now but I have 2 pc's one with a GeForce & one with a Raedion and I can't see a difference in playing the same games one either of them.

For the sake of knowing what to look for get something with at least 128mb of on chip ram. This is really the area to spend more $$$ so do so.

$$$ Price 100-300 MAX (you aren't and will never play anything that requires a 600-1000 card ever...spend 200 bucks every 2 years and be happy

Hard Drive
    Space is up to you, if you plan on installing 800 games you will need a lot of it. If only 20 or so games then 80 gigs is more then enough. Also speed is a killer here...make sure the drive is at least 7000 RPMs

$$$ Price 60-120 MAX

Now as far as a good Custom PC Building company....sorry can't help you there since I build my own stuff but you can search the internet via google and price several different companies. Then pick one you can trust...such as Tigerdirct they sell the parts as well as the full blown system. I use them sometime for parts and they are trust worthy...also you can make note of the parts in the custom pc and then compare to the individual part prices to see if they are within range.

Happy Hunting.

Inu-Yasha Fan Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, thanks....
    Why do you always over do it on posts!!!
    Your to smart, lol....
    Oh yeah remember that download I was telling you about the other day...
    I've downloaded 300MB/329.09MB...
    Then I can do EVERYTHING....
    Okay I've had good adise...
    Can someone close this?

Please close...

Newbie Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Creesco
    if you want name brand...Alienware, otherwise build your own. its alot cheaper but it does take more than 600 dollars. But building your own gives you the experince.
    Being a gamer my self i have to agree with Creesco, Alienware is cool but nothing beats the feeling of owning up your friends on custom built computer, Oh yeah and it does save alot of money if you go to the right places.

Newbie Blues may be famous one day Blues may be famous one day Blues's Avatar
    A place where few people can really relate to me…
    Thanks

A bit of advice don't buy a dell, my damn heatsink clamps fell off as well as everyone elses dell computer I know.

Otaku Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, Ibook is one of the good ones, but it will cost you lots of money...
    Smileys + Me =

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

The best computer is one you build on your own. And the price you are willing to pay is too low for a decent machine.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mega.Herz
    Hey Dead Reckoning!!!!!!!
    Make your sig SMALLER.....
    Then GO READ THE RULES....
    Don't post again with out reading them...
    Makes sure to read mostly about the 'SIGNATURE RULES'...
    Click my link on my sig that says 'AO Rules', and read them!

`Hint`'Your sig is over the limit' ~500 x 115 max~

PLEASE CLOSE THREAD...
    Do NOT pretend to be a moderator Mega.Herz

And because you asked us to close the thread...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3