+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with my driver

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

help with my driver

does anyone know

where i can repair

my driver for free

online? becuase everytime

i go to a site for some reason

my pc shut's down with out me

having to turn it off, and it restarts

when I get back to my front page i get

a error saying my driver had an error in it.

microsoft isnt much help they just tell me to

keep sending the error reprots till they solce the problem.
    Last edited by HolderOfTheDarkChalice; May 28, 2006 at 06:28 PM.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: help with my driver

What driver does it say is having issues? What Browser are you using and does the issue happen any other time. (Meanung when you are doing anything else, after being logged on for 30 minutes, etc...)

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    Thanks

the driver that lets you play game's or the grapic thing. i have

Internet Explorer 6.0 .it only happen'swhen I go to down load

an image at image shack or adding a pic to a post .

it has happened 3 times 10 minuts apart it hasnt dont it yet

because i havnt tried down loading an image or tried making a

pic. that is when it shut off like i said and when the welcome

page comes up it say's i had a driver error. the driver that has to do with images

if you know what that is?
    Last edited by HolderOfTheDarkChalice; May 29, 2006 at 12:48 AM.

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks

first of all you'll need to find out what driver you will need for your computer.

go in to the controll pannel and open the display icon. from the tabs list select settings and at the lower right click on advanced (a new window will appear) select the adaptor tab.

this tab will tell you what your graphics card is.

do a google search for that card ie. mine tells me it is a "radeon x850 series" so in the google search i would put "radeon x850 series drivers" that should then give me several links to use. now i know this card is fro ATI so i would uses there site.

If you have windows XP i suggest you either do a system restore to an eairer point whaere the problem did not exsist or do a system repair (form the windows disc autorun).

it may also not be just the graphics card! -you should try re-installing the drivers that came with your computer if the problem still contiues, try what has been mentioned first.

Thanks

it just did it again here is what it said

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
    Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
    What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
    Cause : Unknown device driver
    Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
    Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Information about this error

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Next steps

We have analyzed your error report and at this time are unable to determine the exact cause of the error. However, Microsoft will continue to analyze this error report to try to determine the specific cause of the error. If we are able to find the cause and correct it, and you encounter the same problem, you will receive an updated response that includes instructions for resolving the problem.

it has to do with my device driver
    Last edited by HolderOfTheDarkChalice; May 29, 2006 at 11:48 AM.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

It's unusual that viewing/attaching images would conflict with your graphics card and drivers. Follow andiishere's tips to update your graphics display drivers and see if that helps. However, it sounds more like a setting somewhere, possibly someplace you can't get to. Some virus/trojans fake the blue screen error page when they infect your system. A friend of mine had a virus totally erase the Display tab so he couldn't adjust his settings. I'd suggest a virus scan if you haven't already, just to be sure.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Put in the Windows CD, start the setup and select Innovation when prompted. Most of your settings and applications will remain and it should run correctly from there on. But the virus and spyware check is a must and you should do it on another computer where you bring the disk to.

+ Reply to Thread