+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with NES

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Unhappy Help With NES

I just rebought a NES with all the cables. The guy that I bought it from gave me a Black and Red Cable the AV cable (I think its called that) it looks like this. I looked it up online and it said Black cable to the Yellow slot Red cable to the Red Slot right. It still doesn't work any suggestions. I tried blowing into the NES, the game to, and tried a couple of games.

Picture of Cables

Anime Online - The Beatle's Album: The Beatles Pictures - Picture

Website

Nintendo Repair Shop - NES AV/Component Cable

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help with NES

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Are you trying to connect to the 'Composite' Video connector (e.g. Video/Audio) or the 'Component' Video connector (e.g. R.G.B.) as the description indicates its a 'Composite' cable...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm trying to connect the Composite Cable but when I plug it into the Yellow and Red Socket it doesn't work. I don't have a red socket just the Yellow and White but its just for audio right. I have never had to plug anything into the Red socket before.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If I remember being 6 years old, Red goes into the Left Audio jack (since the NES didn't have stereo sound), and the black goes into the video.

Thanks

No I know that guys what I'm saying is when I plug the Black cord into the video slot and the Red cord into the audio slot it kinda of does that flash thing to show its connected but its not showing on the screen. I'm asking what do you think could be the problem.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Have you tried a 'indirect' connection, such as connecting to the composite inputs of a connected VCR player??? It could be that the connection is broken on the TV, or on the game console itself...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Wait what are you saying LenMiyata are you saying plug the NES cords into a VCR player and connect that to the tv. I don't understand for sure what you are saying. I don't think the connection could be broken on the TV becuase I plug all my consoles into it and they all work on it.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Help With NES

Quote Originally Posted by The Beatle View Post
    I tried blowing into the NES, the game to, and tried a couple of games.
    Hahahaahah, that's classic.

How to Hook Up an NES | eHow.com

+ Reply to Thread