Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! shoudl I just give up and get another computer?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Help!!! shoudl I just give up and get another computer?

hello, I will really appreciate anyone who can help me, here it is: like two weeks ago my computer gave me a blue screen and from that day on it has been so bad to me. it says that has some error, but it gives me numbers and letters. I tried to clean it up but it takes forever. Seriously, it has been on from three days ina row and it is still at the beginning of the cleansing...
    The computer takes commands very very slow... it actually takes about 20minutes to turn on, (when it turns on) about 10min to start up and it takes about 5minutes to take a mouse click or any other command...
    My brother said that it might be the processor.... and that I might have to buy a new computer... if it is the processor (which I still don't know if it really is the problem) can't I just buy another one?
    my computer is a pentium 4 from Intell...
    Please, any help on what the problem can be or if I can solve it some how would be appreciated.... i am driving crazy without my computer... no anime... T_T and no anime online.... TT_TT!!!!!
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help!!! shoudl I just give up and get another computer?

No its not the processor otherwise it wouldn't even turn on. I'd just reinstall the OS since it sounds like a virus is overloading your computer, find the install disc that came with the desktop pop it in and on start up go to your BIOs pushing either F2 or F10 its different for some computers and go over to the boot up menu and switch your hard drive to your CD drive and restart with the disc in there. Now its just pretty much a reinstall of your entire hard drive.

1. BIOs (F2, DELETE, F8, or F10)
    2. Change the boot up settings with your BIOs to stop booting up from the hard drive to instead boot up from the CD drive.
    3. Once you restart you'll get a little message asking you to hit any key to boot to the disc just tap any old key.
    4. You'll get a blue screen and it will load up some files at the bottom and say the setup at the top.
    5. Wipe everything by just deleting everything there pushing L once there is only one left or you only had one and deleted it you'll just have a empty hard drive.
    6. Format (the slow way don't choose fast) and install and there you go your newly reinstalled OS.

If you don't have a disc call the company you bought it from and order in one.
    Last edited by aceman67; May 19, 2009 at 07:22 AM.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    No its not the processor otherwise it wouldn't even turn on. I'd just reinstall the OS since it sounds like a virus is overloading your computer, find the install disc that came with the desktop pop it in and on start up go to your BIOs pushing either F2 or F10 its different for some computers and go over to the boot up menu and switch your hard drive to your CD drive and restart with the disc in there. Now its just pretty much a reinstall of your entire hard drive.

1. BIOs (F2 or F10)
    2. Change the boot up settings with your BIOs to stop booting up from the hard drive to instead boot up from the CD drive.
    3. Once you restart you'll get a little message asking you to hit any key to boot to the disc just tap any old key.
    4. You'll get a blue screen and it will load up some files at the bottom and say the setup at the top.
    5. Wipe everything by just deleting everything there pushing L once there is only one left or you only had one and deleted it you'll just have a empty hard drive.
    6. Format (the slow way don't choose fast) and install and there you go your newly reinstalled OS.

Thank you so so much!!!!!! I will check on that and I think I might have to order one, but thank you once again ^_^
    Last edited by aceman67; May 19, 2009 at 06:26 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Installing Windows XP <--- Detailed Instructions

Also, before you wipe everything, might be a good Idea to back up important information first... like your Browser Bookmarks, Pictures, Music, Videos, Videogame Saves ect ect ect...

But then again, if you're running a pentium 4, your computers is upwards to 6-7 years old and buying a new one might be a justified investment.

If you don't plan on doing any gaming, Wal-Mart has some decent computers that are great for just farting around on the net with for under 700 bucks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

Also, before you wipe everything, might be a good Idea to back up important information first... like your Browser Bookmarks, Pictures, Music, Videos, Videogame Saves ect ect ect...

But then again, if you're running a pentium 4, your computers is upwards to 6-7 years old and buying a new one might be a justified investment.

If you don't plan on doing any gaming, Wal-Mart has some decent computers that are great for just farting around on the net with for under 700 bucks.
    Right now I can't get to any file on my computer because it takes it 15minutes to open a file, and when I add a hard driveor any other device it stops working.
    Yesterday I was trying to do the installing and it didn't work either, it said that there was an error and that it couldn't finish the installation.... so with my computer I don't know what to do... what I am thinking tho is to get a new one and plug into the new computer the hard drive with all the music and copy the files in the new one, everything else I will loose.
    Thank you for all the help, I appreciate it.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Step one - Remove Hard drive
    Step two - Put hard drive in another computer
    Step three - Back up data
    Stem four - put hard drive back in computer

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post

1. BIOs (F2, DELETE, F8, or F10)

Step one - Remove Hard drive
    Step two - Put hard drive in another computer
    Step three - Back up data
    Stem four - put hard drive back in computer

they're all right, best thing to do is deffinently back up your harddrive, so you don't loose any information, check out the OS, more than anything a new one needs to be installed, and anothter thing is, if you don't want to destroy it, than you can take it to any Best Buy store, and have the Geek Squad, they have there take a look at it for you, and they'd also be able to tell you what you need/to do, for your computer, and what is causing the malfunction.

Otaku zangetsu412 is off to a good start zangetsu412's Avatar
    Thanks

It probably is the prosesor. But all you have to do is take it to a computer repair shop.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast