Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help!!! shoudl I just give up and get another computer?

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help!!! shoudl I just give up and get another computer?

My computer was about as bad as yours. Since I didn't want to get a third computer, I just erased everything a reinstalled windows. Now my computer works pretty great.

Which the hardest thing about doing that was trying to get to the BIOS screen. I restarted my computer 9 times trying to find the right spot, before my chair rolled back, I lost my balance, and my arm fell on the keyboard. Then it pulled up the BIOS screen. lol

Plus there is nothing like knowing you brought your old computer back to life.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Newbie Francis is off to a good start Francis's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think fixing old, cantankerous computers will do you any good in the long run. Better to purchase a replacement, say, a decent laptop. Or a high-end one, if your wallet can take it.

Just think! The world's full of free high-speed Internet, if you know where to look. Hence, a laptop.
    If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

Sig courtesy of kittypurrrrfect

Newbie LadyJuliaHale is off to a good start LadyJuliaHale's Avatar
    Don't tell me to smile, because I don't know how.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Installing Windows XP <--- Detailed Instructions

Also, before you wipe everything, might be a good Idea to back up important information first... like your Browser Bookmarks, Pictures, Music, Videos, Videogame Saves ect ect ect...

But then again, if you're running a pentium 4, your computers is upwards to 6-7 years old and buying a new one might be a justified investment.

If you don't plan on doing any gaming, Wal-Mart has some decent computers that are great for just farting around on the net with for under 700 bucks.
    Actually, she should only do this if it won't allow her to restore her computer from doing this:

From Violent 1. BIOs (F2, DELETE, F8, or F10)
    2. Change the boot up settings with your BIOs to stop booting up from the hard drive to instead boot up from the CD drive.
    3. Once you restart you'll get a little message asking you to hit any key to boot to the disc just tap any old key.
    4. You'll get a blue screen and it will load up some files at the bottom and say the setup at the top.
    5. Wipe everything by just deleting everything there pushing L once there is only one left or you only had one and deleted it you'll just have a empty hard drive.
    6. Format (the slow way don't choose fast) and install and there you go your newly reinstalled OS.

If you don't have a disc call the company you bought it from and order in one.

Quote Originally Posted by zangetsu412 View Post
    It probably is the prosesor. But all you have to do is take it to a computer repair shop.
    Actually, it's not. It has nothing to do with the processor. What Violent had posted earlier is the best way to go if you don't want to spend $200 at a computer repair shop for something that can be done for free, by yourself or someone else, at home.
    I'm standing in the dark calling your name, But when you don't answer,
    I realized everyday it's the same.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Had you taken the time to read the page I linked too, the instructions you gave concerning booting from a CD are covered. Also, modern MoBo's have whats called a Boot Menu, that allows you boot of a specific device after pressing a button (Normally F8) at start up.

Anyways, Dead thread, Closing.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2