+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help on using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Help on using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop

O.o hello guys~ hehe I currently studying this two software since im taking a degree in graphic designs.. the thing is.. I barely have basics in using this software.. Been training to use it slowly... so yea.. here to ask for help! Onegaishimasu!

- Need to know more about how to change a picture's resolution so it would look nice and fit my screen better or not blur if i made some adjustments to it

- Some nice videos (any kind of videos that I could stream down except from veoh.. preferably youtube ) that could show me basics in using this two software.. any of your recommendation that you think is informative and suitable for a beginner like meh

*bows*

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help on using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop

Can't help you much with Illustrator, didn't really study it all that much myself when I was in college.

As for photoshop, changing an images resolution is quite easy.

Just got to Image --> Image Size... or press ALT+CTRL+I and change the resolution numbers from there.

Lets say you got an image you want made into a wallpaper, but its not the right aspect ratio (like say if the wallpaper ratio you want is 16:10 widescreen)

I want to make this image that is 6521x4675 into a wallpaper that is 1680x1050
     click to show spoiler

I would go into the Image Size menu and change either the width or height to the corresponding size I want, in this case, the width to 1680, since changing the height would bring the images width down below 1680.
     click to show spoiler

I would then click the Rectangular Marquee Tool (Or press M), and change the style to Fixed Size
     click to show spoiler

Then change the width and height of the style to 1680x1050 (You may have to put "px" at the end of the numbers as Photoshop defaults these numbers to inches, you can change the defaults by going Edit --> Prefences --> Units and Rulers and change Rulers and Type to pixels), then use the Marquee tool to select the portion of the image I want to be the wallpaper.
     click to show spoiler

Then Crop the image by going Image --> Crop...

click to show spoiler

Then save your image.

Here's some general rules of thumb to remember when editing images
    • It is always better to work with images that are at a higher resolution then your finish product.
    • Always scale an image down, never scale up.
    • When making changes to an image, make use of layers, this is so that you can turn certian changes off and on as well as using different things if the change you did make didn't work. Some of my works have had over 20 layers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

RayMe (Dec 21, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread