+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to customize your desktop?

Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: How to customize your desktop?

you guys really stink at windows. you should learn how to use the "regedt32" aka registry editor.

you can customize everything. images, directories, turn off stuff, or create personal actions. its almost like linux except easier to use.

Newbie kyosake may be famous one day kyosake may be famous one day kyosake's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AniManga Hound
    I was wondering about to fully customize my desktop. Mostly the taskbar at the bottom. Anyone know how to? Anyone know if you can download a program or whatever that lets you?

Thanks! (:
    i use blackbox bblean verson. it can comeplely redo your desktop. but you may have to do alot of reading to figure how it works. but after you master most of it, no one will ever know you run windows!
    you can also use theme manager to change the

boot screen(thing that says windows with the moving loading bar)
    and the login screen(place you click on your account)
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by dgs_vex
    you guys really stink at windows. you should learn how to use the "regedt32" aka registry editor.

you can customize everything. images, directories, turn off stuff, or create personal actions. its almost like linux except easier to use.
    like i said blackbox and theme manager works just as well
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    if you wanna use black box go here

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofivers...p/t221268.html

its a guide. you can download it from thair and the guide will tell you whare to save it and how to apply themes and add lots of stuff so your desktop can look like this-

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006..._by_Shawan.jpg

or like this

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs10/i/200...jimmyblack.jpg

when you download blackbox you can download some themes from http://browse.deviantart.com/skins/t...der=5&limit=24
    Last edited by kyosake; Apr 22, 2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Thanks

no i can customize everything from all the images. the OS shell. the logon. the bootupskin. and everysingle image just by using the registery editor and reshack.

however. you are all noobs. i wouldnt expect you to perform this level of tweeking.

btw windows blind sucks.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dgs_vex
    no i can customize everything from all the images. the OS shell. the logon. the bootupskin. and everysingle image just by using the registery editor and reshack.

however. you are all noobs. i wouldnt expect you to perform this level of tweeking.

btw windows blind sucks.
    I'd recommend you to shut up, although you are basically right. I used to modify everything obsessively much like you do, but I realized that it just confuses the visitors to my computer and takes away the time that I could spend on the tightening of the server's security and adding new features to the website. Plus the system boots up unattended, so nobody would appreciate any cool pics anyway. So don't feel like a 1337 h4xx0r, all's been done, the functionality is the most important thing. I discourage everyone from using Window Blinds - it's unstable and hungry on the resources. I'm using one StyleXP skin myself conservatively and I'm satisfied.
    I used ResHacker on 2 important things: Enlarging the Lock Computer window to cover the whole desktop And updating the version number in legitcheckcontrol.dll. Any other hacks are mostly useless. I perform them only when some friend is really excited about it and wants me to do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2