+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HTC Diamond!!

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

HTC Diamond!!

I've been thinking about buying one for some time now, but i've been wondering how do you write text messages from, i can't seem to find it anywhere, not even on pics..... So i was wondering if any off you might now that???

HTC Diamond

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: HTC Diamond!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard_ML View Post
    I've been thinking about buying one for some time now, but i've been wondering how do you write text messages from, i can't seem to find it anywhere, not even on pics..... So i was wondering if any off you might now that???

HTC Diamond
    The HTC Touch Diamond (currently) runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 (Professional), with the HTC top level GUI TouchFlo 3D. TouchFlo is a glorified skin that not only makes the user interface prettier, but also helps in making it more erognomic than the standard WM6.1 homescreen.

What that all boils down to is the fact that it is still WM6.1, which means that the there is a WM6.1 message center that contains the MMS, SMS, and email folders/utilities. The Touch Diamond uses an on-screen keyboard (the "Touch" part of the name) for text input. I assume T9 or greater is available if you like predictive text.

I thought about getting one myself--the screen is top in class right now until the HTC Touch HD is released.

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah.... But i was just wondering how you write text messages from it, i don't know much about the HTC Diamond, but i can't figure out how to write from like when you use a normal phone, where you just press the numbers....

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    That was just a hair better than giving a link to Google.

Because the device lacks a physical keyboard, you enter all alpha-numeric data with onscreen gui buttons. I've used a few of these devices myself, and it does take a little getting used to, but has a quick learning curve.

My HTC s620 just bit the dust, and I was contemplating the Diamond or the Nokia E71, but those are upwards of ยข400. I ended up getting a HTC G1. Google now pwns me, but this phone is actually pretty nice. I'm posting on it right now.

+ Reply to Thread