+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need help quick!!!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

I need help quick!!!

What does it mean when your computer shows a little sign that says"Your computer is short of virtual memory any request you make may be denied" whats that about whenever that happens i cant load pages at all cant watch online vids or nothing whats the deal
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I need help quick!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It usually means that your running a freeware/shareware/malware app that was programmed with a bad memory leak... Rebooting you computer will temporarily solve the problem, but the only real fix is to uninstall the problem app
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11's Avatar
    Thanks

Virtual memory is the space your PC uses when it’s short of RAM (Random Access Memory), which is the memory used when running programs like Microsoft Office Word or Microsoft Office PowerPoint.

So what can you do to correct this problem and prevent this message from coming up in the future? The following are some solutions to keep your PC from displaying the message.

Solution #1: Bump up the virtual memory size on your PC

The first solution is to increase your PC’s virtual memory settings. To do so, you first need to determine how much RAM you currently have.

Solution #2: Add more RAM to your PC

If you keep getting that dreaded “Your computer is short of virtual memory ” message – even after you’ve increased your PCs virtual memory – then you may need to buy more memory for your PC. To really work well, Windows XP needs a minimum of 256MB of RAM. The more RAM you have, the better.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 256 Ram but it still happens.....what now i mean i dont want this to make my comp go bad

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

You could stop running alot of programs like Winamp, Photoshop, Anti-Virus, MSN, etc. Some programs are draining your memory in your computer and it can't handle it is all, just go to a store and buy 256 Megs of RAM and put it in your computer, and thats it ( its only about 40-80$ for RAM )

You can find the memory hog by Ctrl+Alt+Delete and finding the Mem Usage part seeing anything in the 10000s or over and ending some.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks

thanks il do that then if i can get the cash lmao woooo im a college guy what you expect im always poor

Newbie axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11's Avatar
    Thanks

lamo, well what you could do is run the Disk Defragmenter, this sometimes helps.

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i agree with axel.k11, a Disk Defragmenter would help or you could just reboot it but that only helps for a while so i dont know...............................
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast