+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need help quick!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I need help quick!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Disk defragmentation will help with load speed, but will not have any effect on running out of memory issue. What would help would be to reduce the number of installed fonts, and to reduce the number of loaded taskbar apps as all of these STAY RESIDENT in MEMORY...

256 Megabytes of RAM is also considered the MINIMUM that Windows XP needs to operate, but for stable operation, you really need at least 512MB of system RAM. For CAD/CAM and Graphic work, you should have at least 1GB of system memory...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I would listen to Len on this one.

Have you recently installed any new programs? If it was writen by a company that you haven't ever really heard of there is a good chance it was just writen bad and isn't freeing up memory after it uses it.

However, if you haven't installed anything like that then just try closing some programs you dont need. Its a lot cheaper than going out and buying hardware.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Newbie axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, i agree
    256 Megabytes of RAM is also considered the MINIMUM that Windows XP (LenMiyata)
    , theres not much you could do to fix the problem, apart from upgrading your ram, but if not that just delete/ remove aps that you know are no real relivants.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

I see well i did have Conquer online installed and Endless online i deleted them both and when i go home for x mas im gonna buy more ram so i can have 512 so i wont have this issue anymore but what exactly will the disk digragmenter do agin
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Newbie lightningsykes may be famous one day lightningsykes may be famous one day lightningsykes's Avatar
    Thanks

I would suggest delete and make room or if you could by a external hard drive and copy info to that drive or just burn cd's with the info

Newbie axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11 may be famous one day axel.k11's Avatar
    Thanks

but what exactly will the disk digragmenter do agin (Naruto1988)
    well ... the disk defragmenter is a computer program designed to increase access speed (and sometimes increase the amount of usable space) by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    I see well i did have Conquer online installed and Endless online i deleted them both and when i go home for x mas im gonna buy more ram so i can have 512 so i wont have this issue anymore but what exactly will the disk digragmenter do agin
    To call up the built in defragmentation tool, open up My Computer, right click on the drive and call up properties, then click on the 'tools' tab...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

You could always switch to linux.

In all seriousness though, Len is right. You really need to upgrade your ram to 512 megs of ram. Are you also running anitvirus/spyware software reguarly? If it is adware/spyware that is causing this problem then you will want to try to remove it from your system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast