+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I need help quick!!!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I need help quick!!!

yea i got the anti virus thing taken care of but does the disk defragmenter do anything bad or is it all good
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    yea i got the anti virus thing taken care of but does the disk defragmenter do anything bad or is it all good
    That depends.... If you have a damaged file system on that drive, then a defragmenter will really mess things up badly. (Which make it a good idea to run that Disk check first before doing a disk defragmentation). Also, if your disk is nearly full, or badly fragmented, it can easily take over-night, or longer to complete a defragmentation...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

I have skimmed everything and it seems that nobody has yet mentioned the increasing of the virtual memory - it's right click My Computer, Properties, Details, Virtual memory settings, Details, Change, Custom size, fill in two exact same values, I recommend 1536, click Set, then OK everywhere.
    Against the malware, use AdAware, Spybot and Spyware Terminator, they detect different pieces, so don't rely on a single product. Also never disable your antivirus as somebody may have suggested - that's a suicide on the internet.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdenek View Post
    I have skimmed everything and it seems that nobody has yet mentioned the increasing of the virtual memory - it's right click My Computer, Properties, Details, Virtual memory settings, Details, Change, Custom size, fill in two exact same values, I recommend 1536, click Set, then OK everywhere.
    Having a fixed page file can increase your performance if you have a generous amount of system memory available. But if I remember correctly, the default setting is 'automatic' allocation. This could result in fragmentation of the page file (which is a different issue... but,) a low virtual memory warning usually indicates a issue with fragmentation of system memory... In other words, it's no longer possible to 'swap in' the requested block of memory, because the existing free blocks of memory are too small to fit the block in, even after swapping out everything that can be swapped out. Under these conditions, having a larger virtual memory swap file would have no effect on this problem...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3