+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i need your help a bit !!!!!!

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: i need your help a bit !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    Listen Reaper66 please stop talking before you lose even more respect from me,and believe me thats a hard thing to do.Now if you shut up and listen to reason you will realise that your are better off going for a quality brand.Amd is a quality brand.It will be a better card which will more then likly have better quality hardware.

Now if you but a cheap card now you will not get the same fps out of your games and when it breaks down you will only have to fork out more for a replacement.Invest wisly now and save money in the future.

And one last thing im pretty sure he wouldnt have mentioned the card if he couldnt afford it.
    I don't care if you don't respect me thats your problem now this is the final time I'm going to say it GEFORCE IS BETTER QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree its a quality brand but NOT AS GOOD AS GEFORCE
    quality=Quality can refer to

a. a specific characteristic of an object (the qualities of ice - i.e. its properties).

b. the achievement or excellence of an object (good quality ice - i.e. not of inferior grade).

c. the essence of an object (the quality of ice - i.e. "iceness").

d. the meaning of excellence itself.

that means quality is the performace pieces and how they are put together and you have no idea which one is built better UNLESS you have owned both kinds YOURSELF and scince almost no one has both kinds and owned then you have to go off performance and it also matters were the pieces were built an etc. each piece is different and what type of computer you have also matters and what shape its in (AND besides the card is sitting in your computer unless you live outside or you have a hardcore virus NOTHING is going to happen)OMFG If it breaks you can replace it(you always need to buy a warrenty if its something expensive)
    and again OMFG again how is it an investment if something has poorer PERFORMANCE than the one with 1GB insted of 512MB

and of course the last thing you said was the dumbest cause you basically answered you own question you said and I quote "And one last thing im pretty sure he wouldnt have mentioned the card if he couldnt afford it."
    the geforce would be more expensive because it has better performance!!!!!!AND if he couldn't afford it why would he put it up the there
    BUT SCINCE HE PUT IT UP THERE HE CAN AFFORD IT
    DE DE DEEEEEE!!!!!

so be quiet I already proved you wrong
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ok enough is enough.This thread is only going to degenerate into a pety flame war and i really couldnt be bothered,especially not with you.Ive posted in practicially every tech support thread thats been posted since ive joined.I think ive proved that i know what im talking about.Go with what ever model you want im only trying to help you with what i know.You can go with the other guy i really dont care but im trying to help you as best i can

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoo! The flames, it buuuuurns!

Anyway, I'd go with the MSI card. I've used both ATI and MSI products and while both are decent manufacturers, I've typically had less problems with MSI cards in terms of both performance and compadibility.

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erosennin View Post
    Whoo! The flames, it buuuuurns!

Anyway, I'd go with the MSI card. I've used both ATI and MSI products and while both are decent manufacturers, I've typically had less problems with MSI cards in terms of both performance and compadibility.
    YAY yes...BURNtavrail burn..
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

u got issues Reaper!!lol

ive got a nvidia and it works fine

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

f*ck.

my computer changed the thread i was on....

ignore this.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Meh in all honesty your better off getting a cheaper,less powerful card and investing in more RAM...especially if its going to be a gaming pc.But if thats final go for the AMD

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    Meh in all honesty your better off getting a cheaper,less powerful card and investing in more RAM...especially if its going to be a gaming pc.But if thats final go for the AMD

To a certain point you're right. More system RAM does speed things up greatly. However, the entire reason that video RAM came about was to alleviate the drain on system resources that creating images took. Video RAM is also faster than normal RAM, and utilizing video RAM means that information does not have to travel across a bus, then back, which slows things down.

Let's look at older video cards, let's say 4 meg. How many megabytes does it take to display a desktop at 1024x768 at 32 colors? Why, it takes 4 megs! Obviously, that's a pretty lame example, but it still holds the things that you would be doing with a modern card, like gaming. Once your video RAM is full, it must start utilizing the slower system RAM which you've installed, or crash.

So, if you've got an existing computer, adding more RAM is great. But if you're building a computer, go with the most powerful video card you can afford. It does make a difference, and you're not better off getting a lesser card and just installing more RAM onto your mobo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast