+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: i need your help a bit !!!!!!

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: i need your help a bit !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by erosennin View Post
    To a certain point you're right. More system RAM does speed things up greatly. However, the entire reason that video RAM came about was to alleviate the drain on system resources that creating images took. Video RAM is also faster than normal RAM, and utilizing video RAM means that information does not have to travel across a bus, then back, which slows things down.

Let's look at older video cards, let's say 4 meg. How many megabytes does it take to display a desktop at 1024x768 at 32 colors? Why, it takes 4 megs! Obviously, that's a pretty lame example, but it still holds the things that you would be doing with a modern card, like gaming. Once your video RAM is full, it must start utilizing the slower system RAM which you've installed, or crash.

So, if you've got an existing computer, adding more RAM is great. But if you're building a computer, go with the most powerful video card you can afford. It does make a difference, and you're not better off getting a lesser card and just installing more RAM onto your mobo.
    Very nicly put.I wasnt even talking about a much worse one.Most games still dont reccomend anything past a 256 graphics card so a gig one might be a bit far ahead while a gig of ram is what most games need as reccomended now so if you go for say a 512 graphics card now you wont have to update that for a long time but if you dont invest in ram now youll have to pay for it later.

My current system is a bit old now and i cant play all the newest games(they run but not well).They play very slowly and i regret not investing in ram earlier as the type i need is hard to find so if you can get a cheaper card and go for ram.Plus its better for day-to-day computing to have more ram.When it comes to ram its really the more the merrier and with only a gig more will definatly be merrier

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, and I almost forgot. I'm sure someone already said this, but overclock. You already payed for the stuff, so why not get some free mhz out of the deal? Just make sure you have adequate cooling arranged. It should be fairly easy, as most of the options you will need to have access to can now be found and modified in your CMOS settings. Make sure before hand to check out user reviews for over clocking your particular CPU and perhaps even your FSB. Avoid overclocking your FSB if possible, since DDR RAM does not like being overclocked.

Back in my day, we had to move jumpers and DIP switches, meeeeeh!

edit: Don't burn up your mobo. Only overclock if you're comfortable with the idea and are fairly certain of what you're doing. I mean burn literally. Smoke will be coming out of your case if you push your system too far.
    Last edited by erosennin; Aug 11, 2006 at 01:35 AM.

Otaku lovejam may be famous one day lovejam may be famous one day lovejam's Avatar
    Thanks

ATI radeon x1900xtx 512mb gddr3 / pci expressx16 card <<< use that

We traded blows in violent prose
    And made arrangements heaven knows..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3