+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IE7 vs. Firefox

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: IE7 vs. Firefox

Although I've only tried it briefly I can say that IE7 is a weak attempt to emulate Firefox.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

IE7 is more old fashion than Firefox, since Firefox came after IE7, but before IE was better....this is like comparing Gamecube against PS2, even though gamecube came out earlier, but now people likes PS better. so i look at them the as the same situation when is IE vs FF

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

personally, I STILL prefer Firefox. I've tried the new 'look' for IE7 and it makes absolutely NO sense to me. Firefox still does all my needs, I can add extensions as needed for free and I know I'm safer when I surf. I don't expect my surfing habits to change at all in the next few years. I don't see IE7 as a great upgrade. I find it confusing and just as useless as IE6.

Looking forward to seeing what FF3.0 comes out with in the near future.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

doesn't bill gates has a account on AO? i wish he could see this because maybe he can use some money instead of making his house bigger maybe he will do some useful stuff, like fixing IE and make it better.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    IE7 is more old fashion than Firefox, since Firefox came after IE7, but before IE was better....this is like comparing Gamecube against PS2, even though gamecube came out earlier, but now people likes PS better. so i look at them the as the same situation when is IE vs FF
    Firefox came before Internet Explorer 7 and not after.

doesn't bill gates has a account on AO? i wish he could see this because maybe he can use some money instead of making his house bigger maybe he will do some useful stuff, like fixing IE and make it better.
    First of all, Bill Gates does not have an account on AO. Secondly, he is retired. Third, while he was the big cheese at Microsoft, I doubt he has little control of the actual work on Microsoft products.

Please stay on topic.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer FF as well, although I find it hilarious when people say FF is safer. Don’t get me wrong….it is….although it is safer only because people who write malicious code are looking for:

A – The largest possible audience to hack and distribute malware/spyware/viruses/etc

and

B – Browsers like IE(x) that integrate into the host computer’s core operating system the deepest

IE is still the largest market share holder, and more people than not were duped into downloading IE7 with their Windows updates, so the plague rolls on. But to say that FF is safer is the same marketing logic that Apple used for their “safer than a PC” campaign. They were safer because Apple only held a 3% market share at the time, and what right-minded hacker is going to bother with 3% when they can have the whole computing populace. If FF keeps up this “we’re safer” mind-set, someone will unleash a FF only attack just to spite them. It happened to Apple after they publicly released their relatively clean Virus track record.

Anyway, all the other features and reasons for liking FF could be modded on IE7, but Microsoft is stingy when it comes to open-code development. That’s where Mozilla and FF shine.

Oh, and it's not the browser that leads to security problems,
    it's the person poking around shady sites and downloading obvious crap.
    Last edited by know1; Dec 28, 2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: ..forgot to add...

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clow Sakura View Post
    Well. To me I like Firefox better. Its safe faster and you get to choose your theme. Yeah it also has an adblocker
    I still like Friefox I will use IE for my coding needs but thats baout it. if I really want o use IE I have the IE tab extension installed on my Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Although I've only tried it briefly I can say that IE7 is a weak attempt to emulate Firefox.
    I would have to agree with teh weak attempt to be like Firefox. thing that pisses me off about it is the fackt the address bar is the top bar. you can't move it or anything.

There is one plus to it. the abillity to see all open tabs in a window. Now if Firefox did that they would
    be unstoppable

Firefox came after IE but before IE 7. So IE is just ripping off the tabbed browsing trying to get more of the people using IE so they can spy on the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    personally, I STILL prefer Firefox. I've tried the new 'look' for IE7 and it makes absolutely NO sense to me. Firefox still does all my needs, I can add extensions as needed for free and I know I'm safer when I surf. I don't expect my surfing habits to change at all in the next few years. I don't see IE7 as a great upgrade. I find it confusing and just as useless as IE6.

Looking forward to seeing what FF3.0 comes out with in the near future.
    I hear there is a beta out of 3.0 having found it yet but I still think FF will be awsume when tehy get it done

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I neede my laugh for the day thanks XD no BillGates is an old staff member trolling the site. or was trolling

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks

It's kinda funny programmers are/have begun to put an end to the Apple MS cold war.but Linux is still better aside the not being able to run most of MS software (games in my case) it is more stable and secure like FF so maybe they should team up.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast