+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'll never look at Google the same way again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll never look at Google the same way again...

But that doesn't mean I won't stop using it.

I just watched this video I found while browsing a round a tech blog: YouTube - The Beast File: Google ('HUNGRY BEAST', ABC TV)

It highlighted somethings I knew, like its ad policy and its motto, and other things I didn't know, like the fact that some of the companies it has bought are DNA research firms and health care related companies.

Watch the video and share your opinions, warning though, it's a little creepy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

onora (Apr 07, 2012)

Otaku keitamoro is off to a good start keitamoro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I'll never look at Google the same way again...

I have just watched the video and I must say that it's quite obvious that Google is the favorite search engine cause many people use it around the world and besides that it actually stores records on what you look at online so if you look at something that is unappropriate they would know, that's just crazy and ridiculous cause the things that we do now are being shown to Google. It also tells me that Google wants access to your health records and DNA that's something that should be private and Google shouldn't interfere with our lives cause then people would know a lot about us and could do something that is terribly wrong. I also can't believe that Google wants to follow your friendship cause that's a way that should be kept to only ourselves not something that Google should know about. Google does this cause it's in the advertising bussiness. The last thing I must say is that I will not be looking at Google the same way as well due to the fact that I'm knowing so much about Google and the processes that they take.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jun 27, 2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: RED TEXT HARD TO READ HURR DURR

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i just saw the video as well and i dont see why they are involved in DNA that has nothing to do with internet which is what i thought google was only involved in.
    And them watching everything is really creepy its like there trying to be like big brother
    which is something no one wants.

It makes me wonder what google will be like in 10 years if they get there way with stuff.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I kinda like Yahoo. Google is cool too though.

But that video makes Google sound like one of my old creepy stalkers, who dig through your trash for pieces of your hair.

Or like the Umbrella corp. (Resident Evil) who owns and is behind everything.

Either way, nobody should be all up in your business or have that much power.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread