Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 7 problems

Newbie Fonzie may be famous one day Fonzie may be famous one day Fonzie's Avatar
    Thanks

Internet Explorer 7 problems

Has anyone but me had IE7 bugs? If you have, please contact me. I'm desperate! I cant do anything with my DirectX since I installed it, and now I cant get rid of IE7! It just will not remove itself from my computer no matter what I do. I refuse to reformat, because of all the valuable programs I have, and I am my wits end! When I use IE7, and try to pull down a menu on a site, for example it asks "Country" and there is a pull down menu with a list of countries, it thinks its a Popup, and refuses to open it! When I try to change my DirectX settings, I see nothing but a blank box where the options are supposed to be. Frustrating to say the least! I havnt found a fix on Microsoft yet, but if anyone knows how to fix it, HELP!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer 7 problems

Have you tried System Restore? That might help.

You may also want to switch to Firefox.

Newbie Fonzie may be famous one day Fonzie may be famous one day Fonzie's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks aceman67, but I already did that. the main problem is I cant get IE7 out of my computer. This seems to be one of the bugs. I cant seem to delete it by going into the Remove/Add programs in the Control panel, and if I try in the normal menu from the Start button, I get the same result. it says it is removed, but if I look, its still there. I dont want to go into my hard drive directly and remove the folder, because it may have repurcussions.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats odd... system restore normally does it.

I really don't know whats going on, seeing as I haven't had any problems with IE7.

As for the DirectX problems, Download the latest version from Micro$ith and install it over it. Should help.

As for the pop up blocker, try disabling it?

As for removing it manually, unless you want to have the fun experience of removing registry entries (hundreds of them), NEVER delete any program with out using the Uninstaller.

You may want to make backups of your files, Just in case you can't fix the problem. Reinstalling windows XP every now and then is actually healthy, as XP Likes to get bogged down, and will actually start to slow down as time goes on.

And as my final recommendation, Use IE ONLY for Windows updates and thats it. Use Firefox instead. Will save you a lot of headaches.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

You could be having a driver conflict of some type. One of my co-workers has an HP printer and when he upgraded to IE7 (auto update - he would never have upgraded on his own) it had a conflict with his HP printer driver and did many of the things you've mentioned. He called up MS and they told him it was HP's problem, not there's. He called up HP and they told him they are aware of the problem but as of yet, don't have a solution. They will have a driver patch in the near future, so until then he was told to be patient and basically deal with it.

You may have a similar problem here. The only thing I can suggest is doing a general google search and see if anyone else is having this problem and what solutions they've found for it.

I wish I could do more for you, but that's all I know.

Thanks

Hmmm..... Well, I use a few Drivers, such as Epson for my Printer, a Stylus C45, Nero 6 to burn DVD's, drivers that came with my burner, driver that came with my DVD-ROM, Power-DVD. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check Google about the problem. One other thing. When i click on Links in Windows Live Webmail (I have to go through IE with that) it will NOT work. I have to copy and paste, and Links that have no address, but are Buttons or say Click Here don't work anymore. I'll check this out on Google as well, but if anyone has suggestions other than never using IE again, please reply.
    Last edited by Fonzie; Dec 14, 2006 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Thanks

I get that link problem too, and I think its the site itself, not really problem with the browser.

Nother reason why Stopped using Hotmail when I got a Gmail account. Only reason I keep my hotmail account around is for Messenger

Newbie Xephur may be famous one day Xephur may be famous one day Xephur's Avatar
    Thanks

internet explorer is very slow, i have sbc and it works perfectly fine. It's very fast.

"All art is born of suffering"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast