+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Internet Issue

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Exclamation Internet Issue

My internet connection is through a cable modem. For some reason for the last couple of days, my internet has been randomly disconnecting itself. I have no idea how to fix it, and I can usually fix little problems such as these.

Would anyone know what the problem is, and how may I resolve it?

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Internet Issue

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    My internet connection is through a cable modem. For some reason for the last couple of days, my internet has been randomly disconnecting itself. I have no idea how to fix it, and I can usually fix little problems such as these.

Would anyone know what the problem is, and how may I resolve it?
    well thsi happned to me and they siad that my modem was extremly crappy so i had to go buy a new one, don't go buying a new one just becuase of me. aske your internet provider to come in and help see whta teh problem is

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont know but we had a prob that there was a new shop being bilt beside us and se could only use the net at 10pm then it had closed ¬__¬ it was useing out line some how ?....
    but is it just like that all the time The White Wolf???..........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    i dont know but we had a prob that there was a new shop being bilt beside us and se could only use the net at 10pm then it had closed ¬__¬ it was useing out line some how ?....
    but is it just like that all the time The White Wolf???..........
    No, it is everyone once in a while. I don't think I have a virus, either.

Spin Da Ish, yeah.. I'm not about to go buy another modem. The one I have is perfectly fine. It just loses its connection every now and then and I don't know how to get it to stop.

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

It could be that you just need to restart your modem, about a week ago my internet conection stop it only alowed a few Packages to be send.
    So i jused the internet problem solver from Microsoft and it told me turn my modem of, then put it on again and wait 3 minutes.
    It workt even beter than it dit before that, proberly once in a while your modem just needs a restart.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say to reset your modem (should be a button on the back...look for a little hole to poke a needle in). If you still get the same issue change out your cable (the cat5/6 one) that goes from your modem to your pc. If you use a router disconnect from it and connect directly to your pc...I would also go to Cnet and try their internet speed clocker and see what it says...if you aren't getting a fast connection or dropping packets like crazy then contact your ISP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I would say to reset your modem (should be a button on the back...look for a little hole to poke a needle in). If you still get the same issue change out your cable (the cat5/6 one) that goes from your modem to your pc. If you use a router disconnect from it and connect directly to your pc...I would also go to Cnet and try their internet speed clocker and see what it says...if you aren't getting a fast connection or dropping packets like crazy then contact your ISP.
    I reset my modem every now and then, and I usually do not get any problems afterwards. But if this happens again, I will see to it that I try all of the offers you gave. Thank You. And thank you all who gave more information on my internet problem. Your help was very much appreciated.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Just 2 more cents: when you reset (or power cycle) your modem, do your router too (if you have one). I always unplug both of mine for 3-5 minutes, then reattach modem, wait for green status, then reattach the router. Barring service problems (check with your ISP, too) that usually works.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast