+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Internet problem

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Internet problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    First of all do you have a network card installed in you computer? Because it tends to do that.
    wow... thats a pretty dumb question, no offense, if he didn't have one installed, How would he access the internet in the first place?

As for restarting your modem, the quickest and easiest way would be to just Unplug it and plug it back in.

The problem is most likely with your Modem, or ISP, you're best off just contacting your ISP and telling them the problem, if restarting your modem didn't help. If the problems with your modem, they'll tell you to restart it, and if this continues, they will most likely replace it for you. If the problems with the ISP, contacting them is a good way to get the problem fixed.

My last piece of advice is that if you continue to have trouble with your ISP, switch to a different ISP.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Also that, and for me the network card regularly used to cause this problem to me so I had to remove it. The internet started to work way better after that.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a 10/100mbs SMC Ethernet card in my computer (Computers actually, it migrated over 3 machines as I upgraded) for about 6 years, it didn't fail me once. I eventually took it out to replace it with a D-link 108mbs Wireless card. your problem must be an isolated problem, I highly doubt the Nic card is responsible for the intermittent connection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2