+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ipod/itunes software issue

Newbie RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks

ipod/itunes software issue

The "ipod control" file in the itunes software, on my computer, has become corupt, leaving me unable to manage the songlists on my ipod. I've tried all the troubleshooting programs on my computer, to no avail. I'm guessing that I will have to uninstall then re-install the software. My question(s) are: What is going to happen to my playlists? Will they be affected by the re-install? If so, is there anything I can do to prevent this? Thanks in advance, RO

"I look forward to continued immaturity followed by death" - Dave Barry
    "There's no such thing as too much power, just too little traction" - Me
    "I love sleep. It's the one place I'm safe from life and all the saddness it brings."

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ipod/itunes software issue

I'm also guessing that uninstalling and installing will fix the problem. As for the playlists, I have no idea whether they will disappear or not, but my guess is that they will.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ipod/itunes software issue

There is an option in the File menu of iTunes to "Back up to disc", which should allow you to save all of your songs and playlists. Reinstalling will give you the original, empty iTunes program, but the back up disc should take care of that.

+ Reply to Thread