+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with IE and Firefox

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Issues with IE and Firefox

I have two problems

1. I just installed the firefox 1.5.0.2 update and now firefox crashes during a flash game which I frequently play. How do I rollback to 1.5.0.1? I cannot afford to uninstall firefox in that I have dozens of logins saved and it will be a royal pain to go through that again.

and

2. IE crashes after about 1 minute of playing the same flash game (Runescape) it has been doing so for as long as I can remember. I even reformatted and reinstalled everything, IE continues to crash playing this game, whereas everyone else who plays it on IE has no problems whatsoever.

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Issues with IE and Firefox

Rollback should go with re-installing the executive files, I guess. Your profile should be OK though, but remember to copy the folder "%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox" (just write it to the "Run" window if you're not sure where it is and go back one step) to a safe place to be sure (I'm not sure what the "Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox" folder stores in your profile, but you can backup that, too, if you want). That's how I always did it. Just download your flavour of 1.5.0.1 from the Mozilla FTP (clicky) - I'm thinking you're using Win32, right ;D ? You should also try to update or re-install your flash plugin.

There seems to be a problem with your Windows installation or with your CD. Check them for file integrity before doing anything else. Second of all (I don't know if it's changed or not because it's been months since I've settled someone's problems with RS), I think Runescape is a Java game, not flash. So re-installing Java might help. Are you running 64-bit Windows? That might be the problem. Or have you installed IE7? If you have, try to revert back to IE6. If you haven't, try to download the Beta 2 of IE7 after you've read the notes to it (clicky). If you can bare to play the game without sounds, try to play it in Firefox. These are my advices, I hope they help.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Issues with IE and Firefox

Runescape uses Java - it has nothing to do with Flash. Anyone who is noob enough to overlook this should RTFM! Uninstall your current JRE and download the newest version from sun.com/java.

+ Reply to Thread