View Poll Results: Which Laptop Brand is best?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dell

5 26.32%
  • HP

3 15.79%
  • MacBook

5 26.32%
  • Other

6 31.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Battle- Dell of HP?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Laptop Battle- Dell of HP?

I can't say which one is the best, but I do own a Dell Laptop myself. Originally priced at $1900 I got a $600 off from Costco Wholesalers. Yes, Mac is the "cool" thing and all the freshmen either have a Mac or a Sony Vaio (that's how you tell which ones are going to go far in college, seriously). I will go with a Dell, you can customize a laptop to your liking on their site, and definitely get the warranty!

I never thought I needed it until I tripped over my power cord running out of the room, pulling the laptop onto the floor breaking the screen. Dell sent a separate contractor out to fix my laptop in two days. I am still using the same laptop for four years, very happy with it. Especially when you don't care about weight that makes it very good. Keep in mind that if you do want to game with the laptop then Dell is probably not your best choice then.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Lenne may be famous one day Lenne may be famous one day Lenne's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always liked Sony PC's better than the other brands...
    This is mine.. It's a little old I bought it I think almost 2 years ago!
    Sony Vaio FS940
    Processor: Pentium M 1.73 GHz (Centrino Technology)
    Memory: 512 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)
    Hard Drive: 100 GB Ultra ATA, 4200 RPM
    Display: 15.4" WXGA TFT with XBRITE (Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Color: Gray/Black/White
    Drive: DVD+R Double Layer / DVD±RW Drive
    Ports/Slots: Multimedia Card Reader, Port Replicator Connector, USB2.0, FireWire/iLink, VGA out (Monitor), Ethernet Jack
    Weight: 5.9 lbs (2.7 kg)
    Graphics card: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 with up to 128MB Dynamically Shared Video Memory

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    I really dont like the MacBook Air, it looks WAY too fragile. im not saying i'm going to Primary Lotus my laptop off a house, but im afraid to look at the Air for fear of my breathing breaking it.

im not too much worried about the weight, but like the price, to a certain extent. and i planned on grabbing a USB mouse to go with it, as a touchpad is difficult to use with Photoshop.
    Photoshop you say? Just what exactly are you gonna do in college? Something to do with arts and graphics and all those digital art shebang? Yeah then Mac is the ideal if not the best choice. There's a catch tho if you're not used in working with a smaller screen it can get you irate in no time. I'm used to do stuff on a big Imac desktop, i got a macbook for those on-the-go needs and it took me a couple of days of adjustment. But as a mac user i have to admit that Mac is a form over function machine, if you don't care about the form then don't get one.

If you're the clumsy type or a rebel who loves to participate in riots, get one of those Fujitsu Lifebooks or a Panasonic Toughbook. The Toughbook is TOUGH, it's water resistant and shock proof(to a certain extent), and it can even withstand the force of little explosions. A riot shield, hurled weapon, oar, dinner plate, frisbee, and lots more all rolled into one tough laptop. Prices? I'm not really sure about the standard or average market price of these laptops but a friend of mine bought a toughbook for less than a thousand. I've seen some with prices that are equivalent with macbooks tho.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    If you're the clumsy type or a rebel who loves to participate in riots, get one of those Fujitsu Lifebooks or a Panasonic Toughbook. The Toughbook is TOUGH, it's water resistant and shock proof(to a certain extent), and it can even withstand the force of little explosions. A riot shield, hurled weapon, oar, dinner plate, frisbee, and lots more all rolled into one tough laptop. Prices? I'm not really sure about the standard or average market price of these laptops but a friend of mine bought a toughbook for less than a thousand. I've seen some with prices that are equivalent with macbooks tho.

im not worried about being clumsy, and i personally thing the Toughbook looks ugly as sin. however, i do realise that for what i am going into, a Mac is more useful. all the PCs in the class i will be taking are Macs. (i plan to major in Graphic Design)

however, Legend has a good point too. Dells come with a really good warranty. but, i checked the prices on Dell yesterday, and the cheapest Antivirus software they would sell was either None ($0) or McAfee ($79, 15 months). i had McAfee on a computer a while bacvk, and it was alright, but i donno wether or not to buy it from the factory or to go get it from Staples or even Wally-World.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    however, Legend has a good point too. Dells come with a really good warranty. but, i checked the prices on Dell yesterday, and the cheapest Antivirus software they would sell was either None ($0) or McAfee ($79, 15 months). i had McAfee on a computer a while bacvk, and it was alright, but i donno wether or not to buy it from the factory or to go get it from Staples or even Wally-World.
    Don't worry about the software, those you can all skip out of. You can always purchase them later when they get cheap or go with a free alternative. Another thing I like about Dell is the fact that they gave me actual Windows cd along with all the original drivers and software that were included on the laptop. Many companies that sell desktops and laptops don't include original software.

Remember if you go with dell you should always research the model first, some of the models have expandability for the memory module, so you can save even more by buying the least amount of memory possible from them.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, I like Macs the best, though they are pricey and I don't own one myself. I went to art school and having a PC was a huge disadvantage.. but if you don't mind going to the school's computer labs than it's no problem. It's just that a majority (if not all) of the programs that they use are exclusive for Macs... And Apple is generous about including the iSuite with your new computer which is really nice.

I'd recommend buying a laptop after you are completely sure of what you're majoring in.

But don't get the Air, that's just for fancy business men who like to look cool and carry their computer around in an envelope. With one USB and no CD drive, it's pretty useless.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well they are alot of good ones out there but probaly a good one to put up would Be IBM they have good stuff so does TOSHIBA you know so theres so many laptop brands thats on the others list .

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

well does it matter (dell) what does it matter hwat type of computer you have...
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast